|UNV recruits 01 Health Service Continuity UN Volunteer|
|Localisation||Dakar / Sénégal|
|Expiration||20 Avril 2021|
Description de l’offre
Health Service Continuity UN Volunteer
Host Entity : WHO
Country : Senegal
Duty Station : Dakar (SEN)
Language Skills :
Start Date : Immediate
Duration : 6 months with possibility of extension
Application Deadline : 20 April 2021
Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.
Description of task
Within the delegated authority and under the supervision of Health Service Continuity Team Leader or his/her designated mandated representative(s), the UN Volunteer in charge of continuation of essential health services will work with the HSC Team Lead and the HSC M&E expert at the Regional Office, ISTs and Nairobi and Dakar Hubs, to support Member States to maintain essential health services during the COVID-19 pandemic and other emergencies.
• Support the adaptation of the global guidance of continuity of essential health services to African context and disseminate it through IMST and WCO Health Systems Focal points in all 47 Countries;
• Support countries in monitoring the disruption of essential health services during the COVID-19 pandemic response and other emergencies;
• Support the development, implementation and monitoring of plans to overcome the disruption of essential health service at the country level;
• Work with relevant bodies and agencies to ensure alignment of existing plans and strategies at country level with health services managers at sub-national and district health systems on routine essential healthcare service continuity (facilities, personnel, medicines, supplies, medical devices);
• Support assessment of the impact of Covid19 on health system performance in delivering essential health services
• Support the leadership of the Health Service Continuity SWG in planning and implementing all the activities of the SWG.
• Elaborate a periodic report on the disruption of essential health services during the COVID-19 pandemic response and other emergencies
• Ensure any task related to her/his competencies requested by the supervisor
Furthermore, UN Volunteers are encouraged to integrate the UN Volunteers programme mandate within their assignment and promote voluntary action through engagement with communities in their work. As such, UN Volunteers should dedicate a part of their working time to some of the following suggested activities:
• Strengthen their knowledge and understanding of the concept of volunteerism by reading relevant UNV and external publications and take an active part in UNV activities (for instance, in events that mark International Volunteer Day);
• Be acquainted with and build on traditional and/or local forms of volunteerism in the host country;
• Provide annual and end-of-assignment self-reports on UN Volunteer actions, results and opportunities.
• Contribute articles/write-ups on field experiences and submit them for UNV publications/websites, newsletters, press releases, etc.;
• Assist with the UNV Buddy Programme for newly-arrived UN Volunteers;
• Promote or advise local groups in the use of online volunteering or encourage relevant local individuals and organizations to use the UNV Online Volunteering service whenever technically possible.
Required degree level: Bachelor degree or equivalent
Education – Additional Comments:
• Post-graduate degree in Public Health or International/global health.
• Degree in medicine or other health professions
Required experience: 36 Months
• At least 3 years of proven experience in the development, implementation and assessment of health service delivery programmes at sub-national, national and international levels,
• Experience working as district health manager or similar position, and/or experience in an international organization/WHO preferably in resource-limited countries, as well as experience in facilitating consultations.
• Other relevant programmes; experience with WHO is an asset, as is experience working in the UN or other international development organization;
• French(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
• English(Mandatory), Level – Working Knowledge
Area of expertise: Public health, General human medicine (with clinical experience), Other development programme/project experience
Area of expertise details:
• Demonstrated knowledge of health systems strengthening, complemented by expertise in district health systems and services policies, strategies and operations.
• Demonstrated skills in the field of service delivery systems especially in developing, implementing and evaluating service delivery programmes, quality, safety and resilience
• Proven negotiating and interpersonal skills with the ability to promote consensus, communicate progress and results, and resolve issues in a proactive manner while ensuring effective work practices and ethics;
• Solid overall computer literacy, including proficiency in various MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Health mapper, etc.), emails/internet and office technology equipment;
• Ability to work and adapt professionally and effectively in a challenging environment; ability to work effectively in a multicultural team of international and national personnel;
Driving license: No
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Building Trust, Client Orientation, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Judgement and Decision-making, Knowledge Sharing, Leadership, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Self-Management, Technological Awareness, Working in Teams
Application deadline: 20-04-2021
|COMMENT POSTULER ?|
Apply online to this job :