UNV is hiring an IT Assistant
Candidate age: between 18 and 29 throughout the entire duration of their assignment. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.
Description of task
Under the supervision of the ICT Operations Manager, and overall supervision of the Chief ICT Operations Officer, the UN volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
- Install and maintain all IT equipment, including computers, workstations connected to the Local Area Network (LAN), printers and computer peripherals;
- Assist in the installation and administration of LAN systems, including installation of hardware and software, user access to shared resources and information systems, and data security;
- Assist in the organisation and running of virtual meetings and conference rooms.
- Carry out the configuration of the CPU before issuance to the users, setup of user LAN account, access to shared resources and information systems.
- Provide technical and client-oriented operational support to users;
- Contribute to Problem Management and the Knowledgebase e.g. by assisting in creating materials to expedite service request fulfilments/incident resolutions, training manuals;
- Provide IT technical support as required by the national side in the context of covid19 response
- Any other duties as requested by the supervisor.
Required degree level: Bachelor degree or equivalent
Education – Additional Comments
- Communications Engineering/Business Information Technology, Business Systems Engineering, Computer
- Science, Software Engineering, Information Technology or related discipline.
- Required experience: 24 Months
- At least 2 years working experience in the delivery of ICT services and provision of client support;
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft and Cisco Technologies is desired;
- Possession of either MSCE/CCNA/MCSA qualifications are an asset.
- English(Mandatory), Level – Working Knowledge
- French(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
Area of expertise: IT architecture and IT project management, Emergency response, immediate relief operations, and post-conflict humanitarian aid operations, Database design, administration and maintenance
Area of expertise details
- data and/or information management
- ICT services and provision of client support;
- emergency operations or humanitarian context
- emergency disaster and health outbreak response or humanitarian
- statistical data collection, assessment, analysis and monitoring in a public health context;
- Driving license: No
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Building Trust, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Creativity, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Self-Management, Technological Awareness, Working in Teams
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
First register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup.
Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
First update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile.
Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
! FOR National UN Volunteer assignments ONLY
This is a national UN Volunteer assignment, therefore only nationals of Senegal and legal residents in Senegal with a residency permit, the status of refugee or with the status of being stateless are eligible to apply. Don’t forget to tick the yes box for: “I am interested in serving as a volunteer in my own country.”
Application deadline: 22-04-2020