Unloc Enterprise Challenge 2019 for Start-ups in Europe (Funding up to £10,000)
Deadline: November 15, 2019
Applications are open for the Unloc Enterprise Challenge 2019. The Unloc Enterprise Challenge brought to you by Verizon is an online entrepreneurship competition that is looking for people aged 16-25 with fresh, new and innovative technology-led business ideas. They are reaching out to a Pan-European audience in their search for a great new start-up business.
Unloc is a social enterprise on a mission to empower young people to be innovative change makers. They strive to encourage entrepreneurial thinking amongst 16-25 year olds and promote alternative career pathways. With the support of their partner Verizon, they believe this competition provides a valuable platform that gives young people the chance to promote their creative business ideas.
Applicants will compete to win the overall prize at the London grand final:
- £10,000/€11,000 of funding for their start-up business
- A mentorship package to accelerate their idea
- Finalist runners up will also receive £1,000/€1,100 of funding for their start-up business
- Individuals between the ages of 16 and 25 years on January 1, 2020
- Residents and/or citizens of mainland European country
- Business proposals must meet the following criteria:
- Be legal in all mainland European countries
- Be either a pre-start (not yet trading); or not have been trading for more than 3 years and have an annual turnover of less than £100,000 pounds on January 1, 200
- Not have the purpose of political lobbying
- Be the applicant’s own idea and not infringe on the copyright, patent or intellectual property of others
- Immediate family members of the judging panel are not eligible to apply
Applications will be judged on three key factors:
- Technology innovation
Record a short video of yourself pitching your technology-led business idea. The video needs to be between 60 & 90 seconds long and also explain how your idea meets the three criteria! Hit the apply here button below and fill out the short application.