UNICEF – Youthstart Global hires 01 Internship
Localisation Dakar / Sénégal
Expiration 26 Mai 2017
Description de l’offre
YouthStart, a UNCDF initiative established in partnership with The MasterCard Foundation, has been working closely with 10 partner financial services providers (FSPs) in 8 African countries which have been providing financial services and financial education to youth. To date, YouthStart’s partners have reached over 725,000 youth savers – well over three times the programs objectives! These youth have saved well over US$20 million. YouthStart partners have also provided loans to over 126,000 young entrepreneurs and provided non-financial services to almost 750,000. Information on UNCDF can be found at www.uncdf.org/youthstart
UNCDF has learned from the different approaches in which financial inclusion can help address the youth employment challenge through the regional pilot including a) the types of financial services that best meet the needs of youth according to their socio-economic context and developmental stages, b) the types of financial services that can best mitigate the risk of lending to youth; c) the business models that FSPs can use to deliver financial education to youth, d) the business case for YFS; e) the types of trainings and tools necessary for FSPs to gain a better understanding of the youth market; and, f) the changes needed in the policy and regulatory environment to increase access to financial services for youth.
As such, UNCDF will take the best practices from the regional pilot and scale them up, as well as improve the programmes based on lessons learned within the framework of a new programme entitled YouthStart Global.
The programme will be implemented in 3 phases:
– an inception phase that entails a country specific analysis of the youth economic opportunities ecosystems in each country and getting the necessary government support;
– a phase 1 that consists on selecting the right partners to work with in each country, and;
– a phase 2 that consists in supporting selected partners to develop, test and scale up relevant, accessible and affordable services to youth.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the YouthStart Programme Manager the intern will assist the YouthStart team in undertaking work
– Serve as the focal point of YouthStart’s social media activities including maintaining social media presence, developing and sending out newsletters, responding to requests for information, and content management
– Create, curate, and manage all published content (images, video and written)
– Assisting with the drafting of country strategies, concept notes, and proposals as appropriate
-Supporting the coordination of YouthStart with other UNCDF programmes
-Support with administrative, promotional or communicational duties; and
-Provide support to other ad-hoc assignments directed by the supervisor
– Demonstrated research and analytical capacity;
– Excellent organizational, inter-personal, communication and administrative skills;
– Proven ability to manage diverse and complex tasks, with tight deadlines;
– Able to take initiative and work independently, with minimum supervision;
– Able to work effectively in a team and in an international environment;
– Highest standards of integrity, discretion and loyalty;
Commitment to UNCDFs vision, mission, and strategic goals
Required Skills and Experience
– Enrolled in a masters programme in economic development, finance, communications, business or public administration, or related field, or have completed a masters degree in one of the above disciplines less than a year ago
Demonstrated experience, part or full-time, paid or volunteer in one or more of the following fields
– microfinance, inclusive finance, or related fields of finance,
– international development, mobile money or technology for development,
– research, advocacy, and policy development
Experience in managing social media content for a non-profit, NGO, governmental or similar organizations
International experience considered an asset
MUST have experience in MicroSoft Suit particularly Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
– Fluency in English
– Excellent writing skills in English
– Fluency/proficiency in French a must
Interns are not financially remunerated by UNCDF.
– The costs associated with the latter must be borne by the nominating institution, related institution or government, which may provide the required financial assistance to its students; or by the student, who will have to obtain financing for subsistence and make his/her own arrangements for travel to and accommodation at the duty station (i.e. Dakar).
– Proof of medical and life/accident insurance valid for the location in which the internship will be carried out (i.e. Dakar, Senegal).
– Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and called for a time bound technical written test-and motivational interview that will take place on an ongoing basis.
– The purpose of the Internship Programme is not to lead to further employment with UNCDF but to complement an intern’s studies. Therefore, there should be no expectation of employment at the end of an internship.
Please submit your Resume/CV and an application using the following link:
UNCDF is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
Coordonnées de l’offre
UNCDF Internship Application form: