UNICEF is hiring an ICT Assistant Intern.
Objectives: The primary objective for the internship is to support UNICEF WCARO and Senegal Country Office in the daily ICT support tasks.
Scope of work
As part of our team, the intern will be integrated into the work flow to get to know structures and processes. Expand his/her theoretical knowledge through challenging practical experience and work independently on projects. S/he will strengthen our team by contributing his/her knowledge and ideas. We offer the chance for the intern to develop methodical, social and technical competencies and experiences in an international environment.
The intern is expected to provide operation and technical assistance in the following:
- Troubleshooting computer hardware and software
- Software installations and configurations
- Setting up computer workstations
- Establish teleconference & video conference meetings
- Request mobile phone service activations and packages
- Ad hoc end-user support via email, IM, phone or in-person
- Ensure requests are properly opened, resolved in a timely manner, documented and closed in the ticketing system
- Perform other related duties as required
Timing: Expected start date is February 4th, 2018.
The intern will work under the supervision of the Senior ICT Associate who will be responsible for the general coordination and scheduling and in close collaboration with the ICT Officer. Monthly meeting will be held between the intern and its supervisor and the ICT Office to discuss progress and adjustments.
The intern will be provided with a desk office and will be using UNICEF provided ICT equipment.
The regular office hours will apply to the intern.
This is a paid internship.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have
- Be enrolled in an undergraduate, graduate or Ph.D. degree programme (with formal training and certification of relevant ICT related fields with a focus on Information Technology, Information Systems, Computer Science or Engineering) or have graduated within the past two years.
– Applicants must be at least 18 years old.
- Be proficient in at least one of UNICEF’s working languages: English, French or Spanish. Fluency in the working language of the office you are applying to is required.
- Have excellent academic performance as demonstrated by recent university or institution records.
- Have no immediate relatives (e.g. father, mother, brother, sister) working in any UNICEF office; and
- Have no other relatives in the line of authority which the intern will report to.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with fluency in French and a good knowledge in English
- Strong technical, troubleshooting and organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Self-starter and self-motivator; ability to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent knowledge of computer laptop / desktop hardware and software such as Windows 10, Microsoft Office suite and other popular applications
- Familiarity with networking, telephony, Active Directory, MS Office, tele / video conferencing, smartphone hardware and software (IOS, Android, etc.), mobile phone service technologies and ticketing systems
Applications close: 03 Feb 2019.