UNICEF recruits 01 TA Monitoring & Reporting Officer, P2
TA Monitoring & Reporting Officer, P2, Rabat, Morocco #110507
Job Number: 525983 | Vacancy Link
Locations: Middle East and North Africa: Morocco
Work Type : Temporary Appointment
UNICEF Rabat Morocco – Vacancy Announcement
Temporary Position “Monitoring & Reporting Officer P2”
(for 364 days with possibility of extension)
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world’s leading children’s rights organization would like to hear from you.
For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children’s survival, protection and development. The world’s largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
Purpose of the Position
Under the supervision of the PM&E Officer and overall guidance of the Deputy Representative, supports programme monitoring and reporting by providing professional expertise and assistance in information/data collection, statistics, data analysis, and programme and financial reporting. Is responsible for improving the quality of donor reports and proposals.
Key Accountabilities and Duties & Tasks
Within the delegated authority and under the given organizational set-up, the incumbent may be assigned the primary, shared, or contributory accountabilities for all or part of the following areas of major duties and key end-results.
1. Provide technical support to ensure that the Country Office has quality information to assess progress towards expected results established in work plans. Compile monitoring and evaluation information/data and make them available to programme sections. Contribute to the preparation of management reports (e.g., relevant sections of the annual reports), drawing on monitoring and analysis of key management indicators. Assist in the preparation of reports on systemic issues, good practices or any other analysis or data related to programme implementation and/or evaluation, including programme’s performance, relevance, efficiency, effectiveness, and sustainability; as well as good practices in partnerships and collaborative relationships.
2. Work with programme, communication and operations staff to ensure the quality of donor and organizational reports including background situation, overall UNICEF experience in relevant sector, objectives of specific donor contribution, target groups, results, constraints, appropriate financial statements, including relevant human-interest stories, and photography to illustrate UNICEF supported activities supported by the specific donor.
3. Work with staff to ensure the quality of proposals for donors including background on the situation in the country and in the relevant sectors, action to date by UNICEF in this area, proposed activities, objectives, target groups, expected results, indicators, timeline for implementation and budget.
4. Contribute technical support to ensure that the monitoring capacities of Country Office staff and national partners – government and civil society – are strengthened enabling them to increasingly engage in and lead monitoring and reporting processes. Contribute to the collaboration of an M&E capacity building strategy for national partners and institutions and corresponding activities for implementation in the context of the IMEP or UNDAF M&E plan.
5. Support overall donor relations including preparation of background information materials for meeting with donors, visits of donors and other special interest groups.
Qualifications of a Successful Candidate
University degree in social sciences, development planning, survey implementation, statistical research, Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or a related field.
Professional work experience in programme development and implementation including monitoring and reporting activities as follows:
• Two years of relevant professional work experience. Developing country work experience or field work experience
Fluency in English and French (written, oral, comprehension) required.
Knowledge of Arabic is an asset.
Competencies of a Successful Candidate
i) Core Values (Required)
• Commitment • Diversity and Inclusion • Integrity
ii) Core Competencies (Required)
• Communication [ II ] • Working with People [ I ] • Drive for Results [ I ]
iii) Functional Competencies (Required)
• Planning and Organizing [II] • Formulating Strategies and Concepts [I]
• Persuading and Influencing [I] • Relating and Networking [I]
• Learning and Researching [II] • Applying Technical Expertise [I]
Candidate can apply online through
https://secure.dc7.pageuppeople.com/apply/671/gateway/Default.aspx?c=apply&sJobIDs=525983&SourceTypeID=806&sLanguage=en-us before the 11 September 2019
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization.
“UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.”
Closing Date Thu Sep 12 2019 00:55:00 GMT+0100 (Afr. centrale Ouest)