UNICEF recruits 01 Senior Finance Associate, GS-7 “South
Juba, South Sudan
Humanitaire (ONG, Associations, …), Projet/programme de développement
Senior Finance Associate, GS-7, Fixed Term – Juba, South Sudan (South Sudan Nationals Only)
Job no: 546135
Contract type: Fixed Term Appointment
Location: South Sudan
Categories: Finance and Administration
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, Operations
1. Purpose for the job
The Senior Finance Associate will be responsible for providing a variety of specialized tasks in finance functions, ensuring accurate and timely delivery that is in compliance with UNICEF financial rules and regulations, whilst demonstrating the capacity to research, adapt and evaluate irregular cases, and also to recommend improvements to process delivery and design.
At the G-7 level, the below tasks are expected to be carried out with a high level of independence.
II. Key functions, accountabilities and related duties/tasks
Summary of key functions/accountabilities:
1. Advise and assist on all aspects related to preparation of reports, compilation of data and answering queries on pledges recorded, funds received, adjustments made to ensure financial compliance, accuracy and completeness of data for its inclusion into statement of accounts and adjustment of budgets. Advise units of discrepancies and assist to resolve differences in their records.
2. Maintains financial records and monitoring systems to record and reconcile expenditures, balances, payments, statements and other data for day-to-day transactions and reports.
3. Selects and enters data from a wide variety of documents, verifying and ensuring accuracy by checking sources, making necessary calculations and assuring inclusion of all relevant data.
4. Prepares recurring reports as schedules and special reports, as required for budget preparation, audits or other reasons.
5. Close year-end account and assist in the preparation of year-end reports related to accounts receivable, accounts payable, prepayment, deposits, etc.
6. Advises and assists international staff, experts and consultants on all aspects of allowances, salary advances, travel claims and other financial matters, and calculates payments due for claims and services.
7. Initiates correspondence to verify data, answers queries and obtains additional information on accounts and financial transactions, as required.
8. Maintains liaisons with officials of local banks to obtain day-to-day information on exchange and interest rates, changes in procedures and regulations, and matters pertaining to maintenance of office bank accounts. This includes prepares recurring reports and bank reconciliation.
9. Prepares detailed cost estimates, and participates in budget analysis and projects, as required.
10. Prepare cash forecasts and monitors status of accounts for action by the Supervisor and/or other stakeholders.
11. Performs other duties, as required.
III. Impact of Results
The efficiency and efficacy of the Senior Finance Associate directly impacts on the optimum, appropriate and effective use of resources and efficient financial recording, accounting and reporting, which in turn facilitates management oversight, decision making and quality control.
IV. Recruitment Qualifications
Completion of secondary education is required with professional/university level courses in Accounting and Finance/Business administration considered as an asset.
A minimum of seven years of clerical experience in the area of finance and accounting is required.
Fluency of English and local language of the duty station required.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA) and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
The UNICEF competencies required for this post are…
Demonstrates Self Awareness and Ethical Awareness (1)
Works Collaboratively with others (1)
Builds and Maintains Partnerships (1)
Innovates and Embraces Change (1)
Thinks and Acts Strategically (1)
Drive to achieve impactful results (1)
Manages ambiguity and complexity (1)
To view our competency framework, please visit here.
Click here to learn more about UNICEF’s values and competencies.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
Mobility is a condition of international professional employment with UNICEF and an underlying premise of the international civil service.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Deadline: 26 Nov 2021 E. Africa Standard Time