|UNICEF recruits 01 Partnerhips and Resource Mobilization Intern (home based)|
|Description de l’offre|
National & International: Partnerhips and Resource Mobilization Intern (home based)
Nom de l’entreprise : UNICEF
Lieu de l’entreprise : Dakar, Sénégal À distance
Background and justification
Senegal is a lower middle-income country, facing high poverty rates and social exclusion, as well as rapid urbanization and young demographics. The Government adopted a new development strategy in 2014 called ‘Plan Senegal Emergent’. The UNICEF country programme 2019-2023 is anchored in two of the three axes of the Plan for an Emerging Senegal: (a) human capital, social protection and sustainable development; and (b) governance, institutions, peace and security. The country programme supports the Government in providing all children, especially the most vulnerable, access to quality basic social services in education, health, HIV/AIDS, nutrition, WASH, ECD, as well as child protection and social protection in order to develop their full potential to participate actively in society.
Senegal is currently in the midst of the Covid-19 crisis and the country is at breaking point with a threat of a wide spread of the disease which would have catastrophic consequences.
The current emergency response by UNICEF supports the national response plan of the government mainly within the following areas: Coordination, Communication, Supply and logistics, Health, Water, Hygiene and Sanitation (WASH), Nutrition, Education and Child Protection.
To respond to the needs of children and the most vulnerable, UNICEF is looking to strengthen and expand partnerships to leverage resources, advocate and influence children’s agenda. As such, the Senegal Country Office is looking for an intern to support with Partnerships and Resources Mobilization.
Objectives, Purpose & Expected results
UNICEF Senegal is looking for a dynamic, innovative and young professional or master’s degree student to support the new Partnerships and Communication section. The purpose of this internship is to support the UNICEF Senegal Country Office on Partnerships, Resource Mobilization, Communication and Advocacy.
Description Of The Assignment
Under the supervision of the Partnerships and Resource Mobilizations Specialist and in close collaboration with programme staff and the communication team, the Intern is expected to undertake the following tasks:
• Works with programme staff and the Partnerships Specialist to ensure tracking of discussions with different partners and follow-up on actions.
• Support Partnerships and Communication section in developing and monitoring different tools to track funding opportunities, proposals, reports, donor’s visibility roadmap, discussions with partners.
• Compile UNICEF staff inputs, minutes meetings and other materials
to update partner’s profiles.
• Participates in relevant meetings on Partnerships, Resource
• Support the section in the organization of Meetings, including preparation of agenda, follow-up of action points, and dissemination of notes for record and action plans.
• Undertake research on specific Partnerships and RM thematic as
• Act as a member of the Senegal CO Resource Mobilization and
Partnerships Reference group
• Act as a member of the Senegal Youth Consortium
• Support with other partnerships and Resource Mobilization tasks
The work will be carried out to approximative dates between June and December 2021.
Reporting requirements The Intern will report to the Partnerships Specialist, and work closely with all program staff. The intern will provide an update on a bi-weekly basis (by email and/or Zoom as required) with regards to progress, challenges encountered, support required and proposed solutions.
Location and Duration
This assignment is home-based from June to December. This is a remote internship; no travels or missions are required.
To be considered for an internship with UNICEF, applicants must meet the following requirements:
Be enrolled in a degree programme in an undergraduate or graduate school, or be a recent graduate
Be proficient in at least one of UNICEF’s working languages: English, French or Spanish and fluent in the working language of the office they are applying to.
Have strong academic performance as demonstrated by recent university or institution records or, if not available, a reference letter from an academic supervisor;
Have no immediate relatives (e.g. father, mother, brother, sister) working in any UNICEF office.
Have no other relatives in the line of authority which the intern will report to;
Are not disqualified under the UNICEF Child Safeguarding Personnel Standards (DHR/STANDARDS/2019/001), or as amended.
• Qualification requirements
Applicants must offer the following demonstrated experience, knowledge and competencies:
• Advanced university degree in social sciences or another related
field OR be enrolled in Master Degree in social sciences, Policy,
International Relations, Communication or any other relevant
• Excellent in copy-editing and fact-checking;
• High level proficiency in standard computer software, in particular,
• Excellent written skills in both English and French;
• Strong interpersonal skills, ability to quickly establish trusted
• Demonstrated ability to UNICEF works in some of the world’s
toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
Mobility is a condition of international professional employment with UNICEF and an underlying premise of the international civil service.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
• Gestion des associations et fondations
Stagiaire / Alternant
• Relations publiques
• Développement commercial
|COMMENT POSTULER ?|
Apply online :