UNICEF recruits 01 Operations Specialist (Risk Management & Compliance)
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, fair chance
The fundamental mission of UNICEF is to promote the rights of every child, everywhere, in everything the organization does — in programs, in advocacy and in operations. The equity strategy, emphasizing the most disadvantaged and excluded children and families, translates this commitment to children’s rights into action. For UNICEF, equity means that all children have an opportunity to survive, develop and reach their full potential, without discrimination, bias or favoritism. To the degree that any child has an unequal chance in life — in its social, political, economic, civic and cultural dimensions — her or his rights are violated.
There is growing evidence that investing in the health, education and protection of a society’s most disadvantaged citizens — addressing inequity — not only will give all children the opportunity to fulfill their potential but also will lead to sustained growth and stability of countries. Therefore, the focus on equity is so vital. It accelerates progress towards realizing the human rights of all children, which is the universal mandate of UNICEF, as outlined by the Convention on the Rights of the Child, while also supporting the equitable development of nations.
Job organizational context
UNICEF Operates in the West and Central Africa Region with significant and complex programmatic and operational risks and challenges that require a dedicated position to support the Regional Chief of Operations in ensuring that risk management function, which is now supported by the new e-GRC tool, is properly managed and appropriate support is provided to Country Offices.
Purpose for the job
The Operations Specialist (Risk Management & Compliance) supports the Regional Chief of Operations in providing technical support, oversight and quality assurance for Operations in Country Offices in the region. The incumbent will coordinate Regional Office involvement and monitoring of internal and external audits as well as Donors’ mandated reviews (DFID due diligence, EU verifications etc.) across the region. Facilitates the implementation of the risk management processes in accordance with the UNICEF’s Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) Policy. Support and monitor the conduct of annual risk assessments by Country Offices and the implementation of eGRC by all the Country Offices in WCAR.
The incumbent will support offices in the conduct of process reviews, risk and control self-assessments to assess risks and identify appropriate mitigating measures to reduce the likelihood of risks that may put in peril the achievement of key results for children. Provide quality assurance, or fact finding on specific/sensitive operational matters that require Regional Office attention. Provide oversight and technical support on various operational matters, in coordination with the Supervisor, including the planning and the conduct of Peer Reviews. Also, the incumbent will facilitate Enterprise Resource Planning system (ERP/VISION) support to Country Offices.
Summary of key functions/accountabilities:
- Support Country Offices to perform a risk and control self-assessment, which is a structured and systematic process for the assessment of risks to the achievement of an office’s objectives and planned results, and the incorporation of actions to manage those risks into workplans and work processes;
- Conduct fact finding and quality assurance on sensitive operational matters that require specific Regional Office attention;
- Coordinate the Regional Office’s involvement in internal and external audits, as well as Donors’ specific reviews (DFID due diligence, EU verifications etc.) across the region, from audits planning to the monitoring of the implementation of audit/review recommendations;
- Provides prompt and competent advice to Country Offices on Enterprise Resource Planning system (ERP/Vision) related questions.
- Support the RO planning and coordination of the conduct of Risk based Peer Reviews to assess the effectiveness of key controls in Country Offices;
- Support the fraud prevention activities in WCAR through effective collaboration with the Operations Manager – Fraud Prevention in the implementation of the WCAR Anti-Fraud Strategy.
Closing Date Wed Sep 30 2020
Pour postuler à ce poste veuillez visiter www.unicef.org.