UNICEF recruits 01 Operations Specialist, (Internal Control), P-3
Humanitaire (ONG, Associations, …), Projet/programme de développement
Readvertisement – Batch Recruitment – Operations Specialist, (Internal Control), P-3, Kinshasa, #112442 & 84033
Job no: 539976Contract type: Fixed Term AppointmentLevel: P-3Location: Congo, Dem. RepCategories: P-3, Internal Audit Management, Operations and Business Management
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, HopeUnder the overall guidance of the Operations Manager, the incumbent of the post is responsible for supporting the DRC Country Office in mitigating risks related to governance, programmes (including emergency programmes) and operations processes. S/he will provide adequate and continuous feedback to the Head of Office on the quality, relevance and efficiency of programme and operational implementation in the field and adherence to UNICEF’s zero tolerance for corruption, in addition to and independently from the monitoring carried out by zonal offices.
How can you make a difference?1. Contribute to updating the Office’s standard operating procedures, to ensuring that staff understand them, and testing a sample of transactions to verify that the procedures are being properly implemented.
2. Contribute to providing training and orientation to newly recruited and other staff and partners on UNICEF’s policies and procedures.
3. Conduct special management reviews and assist in the follow-up on the implementation of the internal/external audit recommendations and provide feedback on the status to supervisor t.
4. Monitor compliance with all operational systems and procedures, as well as the proper management of programme and operation inputs and propose action to improve the processes, SoPs and internal controls.
5. Assist in the identification of operational and programmatic risks and weaknesses and make recommendations to mitigate them. Troubleshoot problem areas and propose solutions to the supervisor.
6. Contribute to the office management process by evaluating and improving the process through which values and goals are established and communicated, the accomplishment of goals is monitored, accountability is ensured, and values are preserved.
7. Appraise the relevance, reliability and integrity of management, financial and operating data/reports, risk management and control processes.
8. Review the systems established to ensure compliance with policies, plans, procedures, statutory requirements and regulations which have a significant impact on the operations of the office.
9. Analyse the office’s existing compliance policies and procedures including workflow processes in relation with local working conditions and recommend measures for improvement.
10. Develop database and presentations on risk management, fraud and value for money.
11. Develop systems and promote procedures to ensure value for money.
12. Develop analytical and models to forecast risks and conduct fraud analytics for better management of risks including but not limited to fraud risks.
13. Conduct special assignments and reviews on behalf of the office into any matter or activity affecting the probity, interests and operating efficiency of the office.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…An advanced university degree in either Business Administration, Statistics, information management, analytics or Financial Management is required.
A minimum of five years of professional work experience in audit, analytics, database management, information content development or another relevant area is required.
Experience in financial and risk management, particularly developing and implementing risk control systems and audits, preferably with international organizations, such as NGOs and the UN is a strong asset.
Field experience/familiarity with Emergency is an asset.
Fluency in French and English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language is considered as an asset.
Due to measures to improve gender diversity in the workforce, qualified female applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.
For every Child, you demonstrate…UNICEF’s values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA) and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
Core CompetenciesNurtures, Leads and Manages People (1)
Demonstrates Self Awareness and Ethical Awareness (2)Works Collaboratively with others (2)Builds and Maintains Partnerships (2)Innovates and Embraces Change (2)Thinks and Acts Strategically (2)Drives to achieve impactful results (2)Manages ambiguity and complexity (2)
Functional CompetenciesDeciding and Initiating Action (2)
Following Instructions and Procedures (2) Entrepreneurial Thinking (1)Analyzing (2)
Other SkillsEmotional Intelligence
Managing complexity and change
View our competency framework at http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/files/UNICEF_Competencies.pdf
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
Remarks:Mobility is a condition of international professional employment with UNICEF and an underlying premise of the international civil service.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Deadline: 11 May 2021 W. Central Africa Standard TimePOSTULER