UNICEF recruits 01 International consultant Procurement & Contracting Specialist
Humanitaire (ONG, Associations, …), Projet/programme de développement
International consultant Procurement & Contracting Specialist
Job no: 536121
Contract type: Consultancy
Categories: Supply/Logistics, Consultancy
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, a fair chance
How can you make a difference?
Under the direct technical supervision of the Supply Specialist, West & Central Africa Regional Office and the supervision UNICEF Togo and Benin Deputy Representative Operations, the consultant Procurement & Contracting Specialist will support the Country Supply team establishing Long Term Agreements for emergency response strategic supplies and services.
The consultant will be based in Lome, Togo, but is expected to spend 30/40% of his time in Cotonou, Benin (travel by road, as and when required: the 2 cities are distant 175 km).
He/she will perform the following main duties and responsibilities:
• Support UNICEF Supply team for the procurement process for the establishment of Long Term Agreements (LTA) for critical emergency commodities and services:
– Market assessment for targeted supply and service categories, using the methodology established by UNICEF Regional Office
– Preparation of the bidding documents
– Supervision of the bidding process, contribution to the offer evaluation and establishment of the recommendation
– Contracting / Establishment of LTAs
• Critical LTAs expected to be established in both countries during the assignment:
– WASH supplies (Plastic material and containers, Soap, Chlorinated products)
– Non-food items (blankets, tarpaulins, …)
– Education furniture and supplies
– Logistics services (clearing, transport, car rental)
– Engineering services (construction studies and work supervision)
• A collaborative approach involving a single process for both offices and resulting in the establishment of an adequate number of LTAs covering the needs of both offices and usable by other UNICEF country offices is recommended.
• As an outcome of the market assessment, the consultant will establish a documented list of prequalified companies for the above categories of suppliers and possibly others not requiring LTAs such as construction companies; drilling companies; printing service; …
• Capacity building to Togo and Benin Supply teams is an integrated part of the mission. It is expected that the Supply team will be associated at all stage of the activities and that the consultant will adopt a collaborative approach to ensure that both experience, material, methodology and tools are transferred to UNICEF staffs.
• Any other task as might be requested by supervisor.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
Advanced university degree from a recognised academic institution in one or more of the following areas is preferred: Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, Management, International Economics, Engineering, International Development, Contract/Commercial Law, or areas directly related to UNICEF Supply function. First University degree combined with demonstrated professional work experience in public procurement & contracting and understanding of relevant functions may be considered in lieu of advanced university degree, preferably combined with credited courses or certifications from relevant professional bodies.
Minimum 5 years of progressively responsible professional work experience at the national and international levels in procurement & contracting.
Fluency in French is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA) and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
View our competency framework at http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/files/UNICEF_Competencies.pdf
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
Mobility is a condition of international professional employment with UNICEF and an underlying premise of the international civil service.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Individuals engaged under a consultancy or individual contract will not be considered “staff members” under the Staff Regulations and Rules of the United Nations and UNICEF’s policies and procedures, and will not be entitled to benefits provided therein (such as leave entitlements and medical insurance coverage). Their conditions of service will be governed by their contract and the General Conditions of Contracts for the Services of Consultants and Individual Contractors. Consultants and individual contractors are responsible for determining their tax liabilities and for the payment of any taxes and/or duties, in accordance with local or other applicable laws.
Deadline: 26 Nov 2020 Greenwich Standard Time