UNICEF recruits 01 ICT Manager, Senegal
Purpose for the job
Under the overall guidance and supervision of the IPU Chief, the ICT Manager is responsible for ITC services in the new UN House. This includes responsibility for high quality ICT services, development and implementation of ICT management systems, provision of information management tools, and a high level technology infrastructure for the UN Agencies in Senegal.
- The ICT Manager will also help design and project manage the ICT services and the initial ICT infrastructure of the building and help ensure a successful transition from Dakar to Diamniadio for the 27 UN organisations.
- The ICT Manager will set up and manage a team that will provide common services and custom packages, and continuously develop services to meet client expectations and to enhance UN House efficiency and effectiveness.
- The ICT Manager is responsible for ICT shared services in the UN House, and may be requested by agencies to represent them on corporate issues, including on the common Data Centers. The ICT Manager will responsible for strong business continuity measures for all services provided.
- Going forward, additional ICT service lines may be added, including technical advisory and capacity building support to Agencies and potential hosting of common applications and systems.
- The ICT Manager will promote a client-oriented approach in a cost-effective manner, and will undertake continuous capacity building of her/his staff.
- S/he will help create and define Service Level Agreements (SLAs) of the services under her/his responsibility, prepare Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) detailing how the service levels will be implemented, and help communicate these to a great variety of stakeholders with different cultural and professional backgrounds. The ICT Manager will also oversee the continuous training of clients with the goal of creating client familiarity and appreciation of the SOPs.
- The ICT Manager will be part of the IPU management team and will work in close collaboration with managers responsible for Facility Management, Security, and other related areas.
- The ICT Manager works in close collaboration with the UN House organisations to manage complex ICT related issues. The incumbent will form close links with relevant HQ ICT units to ensure coordinated and complimenting services and will interact with the Regional ICT Management Team as appropriate.
- The ICT Manager will supervise a small team of United Nations staff and oversee the services provided by multiple vendors and vendor personnel.
- Under delegated authority, the ICT Manager provides strategic direction of the ICT operations that focuses on the timely and accurate achievement of the responsibilities:
- The ICT Manager is responsible for the day-to-day management of full ICT services in Dakar for client UN Agencies:
- The ICT Manager is responsible for the provision of services to Agencies in the UN House with the aim of strengthening the performance of Agencies through:
- As a technical specialist, the ICT Manager actively contributes to knowledge management and regional/corporate initiatives:
- An advanced university degree is required in computer science, software engineering, information technology management, business administration, or another relevant technical field.
- Certification and/or proven experience in one of these several ICT technical competencies: ICT Project Management, Business Analysis, Information Security, ICT Audit and Risk Management, Telecommunications, Networks Information Security and Software Engineering and Programming .
- A minimum of 8 years of relevant experience in ICT, preferably in ICT Project Management that integrates multiple organizations into a unified system. 5 or more years of senior-level management, regional responsibilities with similar experience and complexity.
Fluency in French & English required. Knowledge of another official UN language or local language is considered as an asset.
Deadline: 27 Jan 2021 Greenwich Standard Time
Pour postuler à ce poste veuillez visiter jobs.unicef.org.