UNICEF recruits 01 Emergency Specialist (Humanitarian Cash Transfer), P4, TA
Humanitaire (ONG, Associations, …), Projet/programme de développement
Readvertisement – Emergency Specialist (Humanitarian Cash Transfer), P4, TA, Kinshasa, DRC (364 days)
Job no: 539620Contract type: Temporary AppointmentLevel: L-4Location: Congo, Dem. RepCategories: Emergency Programme, P-4
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
This position will provide technical and operational assistance to DRC country office to build the office capacity and operational system to use humanitarian cash transfers (HCT). More specifically, the position will support any office section and field offices in their programmatic and operational use of cash transfers, as well as represent UNICEF in related Humanitarian Cash Transfer inter-agency fora. The position will also support the office task force on cash transfers.
For every child, SurvivalThis position is part of the emergency section, based in Kinshasa, DRC country office. The incumbent works under the direct supervision of the chief of emergency and in close collaboration with the deputy representative Operations, the deputy representative Programme, and the chief of social policy.
How can you make a difference?
1. Technical and operational support to sections and field offices• Technically and operationally assist in the formulation, preparation and implementation of HCT programmes.
• Conduct regular operational analysis of the programmes, identify areas of poor performance, bottlenecks, and identify solutions such as design improvements, additional trainings and technical support.
• In close collaboration with the M&E and IM teams, ensure the establishment and implementation of a sound monitoring and evaluation system for the HCT programmes, including an effective post-distribution mechanism, undertake field visits to monitor and assess programme implementation and decide on required corrective action
• Coordinate and support CHT related third-party monitoring agreements, for verification of payments in close collaboration with the M&E unit and the Harmonized Approach to Cash Transfers (HACT) focal point
• Work in close collaboration with Programme Sections and Operations Units on complaints and feedback mechanisms; ensure relevant analysis of complaints and feedback received through different sources and ensure relevant follow up.
2. Partnership and inter-agency representation• Liaise and work closely with UN Common Cash System focal points from other agencies to identify complementarities and operational synergies
• Represent and advocate for UNICEF strategic positions on Humanitarian cash transfers in HCT related cash coordination forum such as cash working group, clusters, Inter-cluster
3. Overall coordination of Humanitarian Cash Transfer related activities
• Support the facilitation of the HCT office Task force, prepare agenda, updates, review of progress
• Document field experience including new models of implementation, programmatic approach, joint programme, inter-agency coordination efforts
• Liaise regularly with RO, HQ cash focal points, through established coordination mechanisms to ensure follow-up actions at the respective levels are taken
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…Master’s degree in Economics, Social Science, Database management, data analytics or related field is required. Bachelor’s degree complemented with relevant industry certifications and work experience can be considered.
Eight years professional work experience at national and international levels of which minimum five years’ experience working on the design, and implementation of humanitarian cash transfer programmes in a variety of humanitarian settings, experience with UNICEF is an asset.
Strong emergency and operational field experience with UNICEFExperience in providing direct technical assistance to emergency country officesExperience and or exposure to inter agency cash coordination, including with UN agencies.Excellent communication & presentation skills (written & verbal) across multiple audiences with the ability to influence others while working in a multicultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.High motivation, and dedication to deliver results within strict timeframes, in challenging environments.Working knowledge of French and Fluency in English is required.
For every Child, you demonstrate…UNICEF’s values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA) and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
Click here to learn more about UNICEF’s values and competencies.
UNICEF’s active commitment towards diversity and inclusion is critical to deliver the best results for children. For this position and specific recruitment, suitable female candidates will receive preferential consideration and selection, as long as they meet the eligibility requirements stated above.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
Remarks:Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
This position is re-advertised for the sole purpose of further expanding the candidate pool. Previous applicants need not reapply as their original application will be duly considered.
Deadline: 12 May 2021 W. Central Africa Standard TimePOSTULER