UNICEF recruits 01 Administrative Assistant (Protocol), GS-5
Administrative Assistant (Protocol), GS-5, Abuja, Nigeria
Job Number: 520081 | Vacancy Link
Locations: Africa: Nigeria
Work Type : Fixed Term Appointment
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their
rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, a future
Under the supervision of the Administrative Specialist, the incumbent of the post will be responsible for handling the protocol issues related to staff travel, work permits, visa and staff privileges.
How can you make a difference?
1.Liaise with the relevant Host Country Government entities (Ministry of Foreign Affairs and/or Protocol unit) for troubleshooting of any protocol related matters.
2. Assist staff members and their recognized dependents in processing and following up their requests for visas, resident permits and diplomatic identification as well as other necessary related documents in accordance with the requirement of the United Nations and the Host Country.
3. Make hotel reservations for new International staff members, UNICEF visitors, consultants on duty travel and/or participants to regional meetings organized in Nigeria.
4. Manage Airport Protocol Operations; facilitate airport lounge bookings including meeting and greeting airports in support of departure and arrival of Senior Staff.
5. Arrange airport transfers of high-level officials and UNICEF visitors such as donors and support to expedite customs and immigration procedures as necessary.
6. Responsible for issuance of protocol routine correspondence, note verbal, reports in accordance with the Government requirements and standard office procedures.
7. Working closely with Advocacy and Partnership team, assist in processing relevant clearance and entry permits for filming equipment for visiting crews.
8. Process annual requests for airport passes for senior staff.
9. Any other duties assigned by supervisor.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
Completion of secondary education is required, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses related to the field of work.
A minimum of 5 years of relevant administrative or clerical work experience is required.
Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another UN language or local language of the duty station is considered as an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
View our competency framework at http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/files/UNICEF_Competencies.pdf
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Closing Date Tue Jun 04 2019 23:55:00 GMT+0100 (Afr. centrale Ouest)