Unicef hires 01 Stretch Assignment Immunization Specialist (Measles)- P4, WCARO
Salaire / mois
Localisation Dakar / Sénégal
Expiration 09 Octobre 2017
Description de l’offre
PURPOSE OF THE STRETCH ASSIGNMENT:
The overall purpose of the assignment is to strengthen the Regional Office capacity for timely and effective support to the West and Central African countries in planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of Measles/Rubella SIAs, and preparedness and response to outbreaks, with a focus on vaccine preventable diseases outbreaks.
DUTIES & TASKS:
• Provide timely and quality technical support on policy issues for measles elimination to the UNICEF country offices;
• Support the Regional Office in its technical assistance to countries to respond to health emergencies including the development and implementation of country health emergency preparedness and response plans
• Through emails, phones, conferences calls, field visits to targeted countries, provide technical guidance, monitor and evaluate project implementation, identify problems and propose remedial action. Identify alternative courses of action to accelerate/improve measles & Rubella elimination. Provide technical support to counterparts/Ministries of Health in targeted countries to plan, implement, monitor and evaluate an effective measles elimination programme.
• Facilitate liaisons with other organizations, especially WHO/AFRO, CDC, and donors (UNF, Red Cross, etc.) on all issues of common interest, especially joint planning exercises in areas of health emergencies and measles & Rubella elimination
• Participate in MRI & Meningitis weekly conference-call to update partners on SIAs preparation;
• Facilitate recruitment of consultants to support measles & rubella SIAs activities in countries;
• Perform other duties assigned by the supervisor.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
An Advanced University Degree in public health/nutrition, pediatric health, family health, health research, global/international health, health policy and/or management, environmental health sciences, biostatistics, socio-medical, health education, epidemiology or other health related sciences is required.
b. Work Experience
A minimum of 8 years of professional experience in public health planning and management especially in immunization programmes (Expanded Programme on Immunization planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation) and management of health emergencies
c. Language Proficiency
Fluency in English and French is required. Knowledge of another official UN language or a local language is an asset
• An existing Fixed-Term (covering the stretch assignment period) or Permanent appointment within UNICEF
• Endorsement from supervisor to take up a stretch assignment for this duration
• Good performance review in the last two year.
• Funding: Stretch assignment will cover an economy air ticket and 50% of applicable DSA
• Retaining Current Post: If selected for this opportunity, the relevant staff member will retain his/her current post and will be temporarily located with UNICEF WCARO for the duration of the stretch assignment. Upon completion of the stretch assignment, the staff member will return to his/her post. Thus, no changes will be made to staff member’s existing status (post number etc., will all remain as is).
HOW TO APPLY
• Discuss this assignment with your supervisor and obtain supervisor’s endorsement before submitting an application. The agreement of your supervisor is a pre-requisite for any such stretch assignment.
• Once the selection process has been completed, the receiving and releasing office will communicate to reach an agreement on the proposed start date for the recommended staff member.
• Upon receipt of supervisor’s agreement, please send an email with subject “Stretch assignment” – to :
not later than 06 October 2017 with the following documents attached:
• Up-to-date P11 or e-recruitment profile,
• Two latest PERs,
• Cover letter
• Signed approval letter from your supervisor.
Candidates considered potentially suitable for the stretch assignment will be contacted for an interview. Supervisors may also be contacted for references.
Deadline for submission: 09 October 2017
Coordonnées du recruteur pour cette offre
please send an email with subject “Stretch assignment” – to HR section email@example.com cc to firstname.lastname@example.org , not later than 06 October 2017