|UNHCR recruits 01 Senior Programme Associate|
Description de l’offre
Senior Programme Associate – 26824
United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
Grade: G7, Associate
Occupations: Programme and Project Management
Close on 20 May 2021
This position is advertised open to internal and external applicants.
Procedures and Eligibility
Interested applicants should consult the Administrative Instruction on Recruitment and Assignment of Locally Recruited Staff (RALS).
Duties and Qualifications
Organizational Setting and Work Relationships
The Senior Programme Associate receive guidance from the Senior Programme Officer. UNHCR Manual/Programme Chapter, Operations Plans, UN and UNHCR financial/budgetary rules and regulations will guide the work of the Senior Programme Associate. S/he is expected to stay abreast of the challenges posed to the region by the operational context, the UN and humanitarian reform and institutional developments.
The incumbent is expected to have contacts within the organization and outside the duty station, as well as with partners and other stakeholders to collect information, monitor programme activities and implement administrative requirements. The incumbent is expected to work in line with the multi-functional team (MFT) approach as defined within the Program Chapter, ensuring the participation of relevant stakeholders in all phases of the Program Management Cycle.
All UNHCR staff members are accountable to perform their duties as reflected in their job description. They do so within their delegated authorities, in line with the regulatory framework of UNHCR which includes the UN Charter, UN Staff Regulations and Rules, UNHCR Policies and Administrative Instructions as well as relevant accountability frameworks. In addition, staff members are required to discharge their responsibilities in a manner consistent with the core, functional, cross-functional and managerial competencies and UNHCR¿s core values of professionalism, integrity and respect for diversity.
– Support the assessment and analysis of the needs of persons of concern in the country in a participatory manner and using an Age, Gender and Diversity (AGD) perspective as basis for planning.
– Support Results Based management and programme capacity in light of evolving requirements, programming approaches and gaps.
– Participate in managing the development of a broad network of partners, good coordination practices and the development of partner capacities related to programme management.
– Assist in organizing and documenting the selection of partners in accordance with the policy on selection and retention of partners, ensuring due diligence to meet the requirements of projects.
– Support partnership agreements are established in a timely manner, regularly monitored and reported on in compliance with established guidelines and procedures included in the framework for implementing with partners.
– Review the implementation and performance of partnership agreements through field visits and appropriate physical monitoring if applicable, reviewing work plans, performance and financial reports.
– Support the planning process in compliance with planning parameters outlined in the Programme Manual and annual planning instructions.
– Contribute to the review and analysis of operations plans, mid-year and year-end reports, ensuring quality assurance and compliance with established policies, guidelines, procedures and standards. Generate and maintain records of implementation rate (performance progress and expenditures) on a regular basis.
– Follow up on any change in regards to alignment of results chain, verifying indicators, budget, prioritization, apportioning needed to measure programme performance, trends and target interventions, contributing to soundness of Operations Plan and enhancement of data quality.
– Assist in negotiating and drafting partnership agreements, ensuring that all components are developed in conformity with UNHCR¿s financial rules and HQ instructions and guidance.
– Contribute to the development and implementation of MFT monitoring plans for activities implemented through partnerships and those under direct implementation in line with Programme Manual and programming instructions.
– Ensure compliance with issuance of audit certificates for partners in line with the Policy on Risk-Based Project Audits and follow up of internal and external audit recommendations related to programmatic issues.
– Use UNHCR¿s corporate tools (e.g. Focus Client, Global Focus Insight and FOCUS Reader, MSRP) for core activities related to planning, budgeting, implementation and reporting, generating data for evidence-based programmatic decisions and analysis.
– Actively contribute to UNHCRs programming of community of practice and continuously contributing to improvements of programming tools and processes.
– Perform other related duties as required.
Education & Professional Work Experience
Years of Experience / Degree Level
For G7 – 4 years relevant experience with High School Diploma; or 2 years relevant work experience with Bachelor or equivalent or higher
Field(s) of Education
Relevant Job Experience
Demonstrated experience in programme management, Operation Management Cycle and related processes. Knowledge and practical experience of Results Based-Management. Experience in programme management training and capacity building activities. Knowledge of MS office applications including advanced Excel skills (pivot tables, data management, etc.).
Completion of UNHCR Learning Programmes or specific training relevant to function of the position including Programme Management ¿ Level 1, E-tutoring of PM1, Framework for Implementing with Partners Learning Programme.
PG-Programme Management (project formulation, programme cycles and reporting standards)
PG-Assessments and Surveys
(Functional Skills marked with an asterisk* are essential)
– Fluency in French and good knowledge of English.
– Knowledge of local languages is an asset.
Title of supervisor: Senior Programme Officer.
See below for this postion’s Operational Context
The Multi Country Office of Senegal (MCO) is located in Dakar and covers eight (8) countries, four (4) of which have a UNHCR presence (Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Togo and Senegal) and four (4) others without a UNHCR presence (Benin, Cape Verde, Gambia, Sierra Leone). Of the 8 countries covered, 4 are French-speaking, 2 are English-speaking and 2 are Portuguese-speaking.
Under the supervision of the Senior Programme Officer, the Senior Programme Associate will be required to facilitate and coordinate the preparation and timely submissions of good quality plans for protection and assistance of refugees and other persons of concern to UNHCR in all the countries under the MCO. In addition, work in close liaison with all Technical and/or protection teams in Dakar as well as the country offices to ensure that programme implementation and related reporting emanating both from UNHCR and Partners are aligned with or complement the strategic direction of the operation. s/he will work closely with the Project Control team in implementing initiatives to strengthen partnership and project management. This will include capacity strengthening of Partners through training and regular monitoring engagements to ensure that Partners are conversant with UNHCR¿s partnership guidelines and audit issues are addressed. In this regard, the incumbent will maintain a close liaison with partners, the Multifunctional Team and other stakeholders through regular engagement and information sharing, transparent and proactive consultations as well as initiatives that will further enhance the trust and foster increased and expedited cooperation on issues related to partnership and programme management.
In line with the strategic direction of the MCO, the incumbent will assist the Senior management in facilitating and maintaining strong collaboration with the government counterparts, UN agencies, local level government structures, etc. within the context of facilitating solutions to persons of concern as well us inclusion of refugees into national plans. S/he will actively seek opportunities for the implementation and mainstreaming the humanitarian-development nexus related initiatives into programme design and implementation. S/he will also represent UNHCR in various UN initiatives thus comprehensive understanding of the UNSDCF is paramount.
This includes essential experience in managing and coordinating multi-partner prograrmmes as well as humanitarian-development nexus initiatives, and experience in capacity building. Understanding of Audit requirement is an added advantage.
Duration of Appointment
Initial one year Fixed-term Appointment.
Acknowledgements will only be sent to short-listed applicants under serious consideration.
Closing date for submissions or applications is 20 May 2021.
|COMMENT POSTULER ?|
Apply online :