UNHCR recruits 01 Senior Finance Associate
The Senior Finance Associate is supervised by the Administrative Officer who defines general work objectives and provides necessary advice and guidance. The incumbent also refers to UNHCR Manuals and relevant policy papers on financial issues. The incumbent works quite independently on regular assignments with an oversight from the supervisor.
The incumbent assists with the processing of financial transactions. S/he keeps frequent contact with staff at various levels in the office and with bank officials to exchange information. The incumbent normally supervises some support staff.
- Financial transactions and reconciliations are processed in line with relevant policies and procedures.
- A smooth operational work is ensured through timely payments, cash replenishment and monitoring of expenditure and budget balance.
- Financial reports are provided as per financial guidelines and when required.
- Maintain ledgers and accounting records for classification and recording of financial transactions and for the reconciliation of accounts and preparation of recurring or special reports.
- Ensure timely and accurate calculation and payment of salaries, allowances, travel claims and other payments to staff members, experts and consultants, vendors and other claimants.
- Contribute to the preparation and processing of monthly accounts.
- Prepare financial data for budget estimates and financial planning.
- Ensure reconciliation of cash books with bank statements.
- Maintain liaison with officials of local banks and financial institutions to obtain day-to-day information on exchange and interest rates, changes in procedures and regulations, and matters pertaining to maintenance of office bank accounts.
- Assist higher-level officers in all aspects of accounts maintenance and budget control by providing reports on financial status, procedures, exchange rates, costs and expenditures and potential funding problems.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Completion of secondary education with post-secondary training/certificate in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or related fields.
Minimum of 4 years relevant experience with High School Diploma; or 2 years relevant work experience with Bachelor or equivalent or higher.
- High level of IT affinity (MS Office applications, People Soft).
- Fluency in English and working knowledge of another relevant UN language or local language.
(In offices where the working language is not English, excellent knowledge of UN working language of duty station and working knowledge of English.)
- Knowledge and work experience of MSRP Finance applications.
- Good knowledge of UN/UNHCR Financial rules and procedures.
- Completion of UNHCR learning programmes or specific training relevant to the functions of the position.
Closing date for submissions or applications is 21 November 2020.
Pour postuler à ce poste veuillez visiter public.msrp.unhcr.org.Recevez les mei