UNHCR recruits 01 Durable Solutions Associate
Interested applicants should consult the Administrative Instruction on Recruitment and Assignment of Locally Recruited Staff (RALS).
Organizational Setting and Work Relationships
The Durable Solutions Associate reports to the Durable Solutions Officer.
The incumbent is relied upon to contribute to the implementation of a durable solutions strategy. S/he works closely with protection, programme and field staff, contributes to fostering an environment to enhance partnerships is a critical element of the work, as are activities designed to strength the involvement of refugee communities and their hosts in the design and implementation of solutions strategies.
All UNHCR staff members are accountable to perform their duties as reflected in their job description. They do so within their delegated authorities, in line with the regulatory framework of UNHCR which includes the UN Charter, UN Staff Regulations and Rules, UNHCR Policies and Administrative Instructions as well as relevant accountability frameworks. In addition, staff members are required to discharge their responsibilities in a manner consistent with the core, functional, cross-functional and managerial competencies and UNHCR¿s core values of professionalism, integrity and respect for diversity.
- Provide counselling to refugees and other persons of concern (POC) to identify the most appropriate durable solution and to enable them to make a well-informed decision.
- Interview candidates for voluntary repatriation and prepare documentation for their return, in line with Voluntary Repatriation SOPs.
- Interview and prepare Resettlement Referral Forms (RRF), in line with Resettlement SOPs.
- Interview candidates for local integration and prepare the appropriate documentation for onward submission to local authorities or partners, in line with Local Integration SOPs.
- Assist in updating the electronic database for resettlement, voluntary repatriation and local integration, in line with Standard Operating Procedures.
- Process documentation to ensure that POC receive the documents required for their durable solutions in a timely manner.
- Prepare statistical and ad-hoc reports to ensure accurate information is available and shared with relevant offices and partners.
- Interview and advise on the appropriate durable solution to be provided to POC.
- Prepare documents relating to durable solutions.
- Enter information into available database, in line with SOPs.
- Draft and submit reports relating to durable solutions.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Education & Professional Work Experience
For G6 3 years relevant experience with High School Diploma; or 2 years relevant work experience with Bachelor or equivalent or higher
Certificates and/or Licenses
- HCR Protection Learning Prg;
- HCR Resettlement Lrng Prg;
- HCR Protection Induction Prog;
(Certificates and Licenses marked with an asterisk* are essential)
- IT-Microsoft Office Productivity Software;
- DM-Database Management;
Closing date for submissions or applications is 21 November 2020
Pour postuler à ce poste veuillez visiter public.msrp.unhcr.org.