UNHCR France recruits 01 Communication Associate – LICA 6
UNHCR France through its Private Sector Partnership (PSP) and External Relations (ER) units raises funds from private sector with a joint communication effort. Therefore, PSP and ER have identified the need to further expand relations with the private sector in France and Monaco and created this new role that will report to ER management and will work closely with PSP team in France.
We are seeking a dynamic, motivated and results driven team player, who is able to work independently as well, to become a steady and reliable asset to the UNHCR France operation. Under the overall supervision of the Senior External Relations Officer and in close collaboration with the PSP team, the incumbent will be mainly responsible for supporting UNHCR communication fundraising/private sector engagement strategies in the External Relations area, with particular focus on joint priority projects and to contribute to PSP France annual income, supporting and developing synergies between the two teams. The Communication Associate position in ER team will play a key role to deliver on joint areas of collaboration, to deliver on increasing private sector ambitions and opportunities (KPI: brand awareness and PSP France income target). Communication Associate will actively support ER and PSP team to establish partnerships with the private sector and enhance communications with a digital focus to indirectly fund UNHCR programs.
Duties and responsibilities
Under the overall supervision of the Senior External Relations Officer, the main tasks and responsibilities of the Communication Associate will be to:
• Support the coordination of joint communication and fundraising campaigns/events;
• Liaise with PSP on the development of joint branding and communication strategy;
• Support the coordination with PSP regarding awareness and fundraising activities and campaigns such as World Refugee Day, Refugee Game, but also Emergencies;
• Liaise with PSP regarding projects aiming at developing a positive narrative relevant for UNHCR in France;
• Support the coordination with PSP regarding communication assets to inform and support PSP database audiences (PSP monthly newsletter, impact report, interactive assets, UNHCR France digital tools, etc.);
• Support the organization of events to promote positive perception of refugees and their integration in France and mobilize engagement;
• Support the production of UNHCR communications and tools for on and offline opportunities, events, partners to increase awareness of UNHCR and to improve positive perception of refugees in France and raise funds.
Expériences / Formation
The ideal candidate will be required to have:
• Completion of the Secondary Education with post-secondary training (or preferably a degree) in Communication, Marketing, Business Administration, Political Science, Social Sciences, or related fields;
• Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience with secondary education or minimum 2 years of relevant work experience with Undergraduate degree (equivalent of a Bachelor’s);
• Experience of planning and supporting communication, campaigning and fundraising activities as well as reviewing and translating content will be an asset;
• Very strong organizational and communication skills;
• Good marketing skills;
• Good knowledge of the political agenda in Europe and French stakeholders;
• Experience in non-profit, ideally in communication/digital/media;
• Excellent drafting, writing skills as well as translation skills;
• Appetite for marketing, digital and fundraising;
• Ability to run several projects in parallel with tight deadlines;
• Fluency in French and English required.
The successful candidate will be based with the team in UNHCR’s office in Paris, France, with potential homeworking depending on the evolution of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The position is associated with a yearly contract, valid until the end of the year, with possibility of renewal. It is a full-time role with working hours starting from 9 AM to 6 PM, Monday to Friday (40 hours per week). The salary is in line with the local UN GS Salary scale.
Interested applicants should submit their letter of motivation, duly updated (with all work experience) and signed new Personal History Form (P11), and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating “Communication Associate, Paris” in the subject of the email.
The UNHCR workforce consists of many diverse nationalities, cultures, languages and opinions. UNHCR seeks to sustain and strengthen this diversity to ensure equal opportunities as well as an inclusive working environment for its entire workforce. Applications are encouraged from all qualified candidates without distinction on grounds of race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity.