|UNFPA recruits 01 Programme Assistant|
|Localisation||Dakar / Sénégal|
|Expiration||05 Avril 2021|
Description de l’offre
NATIONAL POST: Programme Assistant, Dakar, Senegal, G5
Location: West and Central Africa
This post is non-rotational.
Duty Station : Dakar, Senegal
Position Type : Fixed-Term Appointment
Closing Date : 05 April 2021 (5 PM, GMT)
Duration : One Year (renewable) (*)
No expectancy of renewal in accordance with UN Staff Regulations 4.5.
The Programme Assistant supports the management of UNFPA’s country programme by providing administrative and logistical support to programme and project operations by performing a variety of standard administrative processes ensuring high quality and accuracy of work.
You will report to the Deputy Representative of UNFPA Senegal and Programme Specialists of the Programme Team.
How you can make a difference:
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person’s potential is fulfilled.
UNFPA’s new strategic plan (2018-2021), focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices.
In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, we need principled and ethical staff, who embody these international norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction.
UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
You will play an instrumental role in facilitating UNFPA’s country programme and project implementation, supporting design, planning and management, in the areas of population and development, reproductive health and gender.
You will apply established systems and procedures and assist in the creation of knowledge by compiling, synthesizing and analyzing relevant information, developing appropriate mechanisms and systems and ensuring compliance with procedures.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities
You would be responsible for:
• Providing administrative support in the formulation of the country programme and component projects, by compiling information relevant to the UNFPA’s role in the country and preparing tables and statistical data.
• Supporting the evaluation of project and programme activities, supporting assessments processes and organizing field visits; participating in review meetings and supporting evaluation missions and preparing regular updates.
• Supporting the administrative and financial implementation of assigned projects, in coordination with national counterparts and project personnel, keeping track of delivery of project inputs; and providing logistical and administrative support in the participation of national counterparts in training activities and study tours.
• Providing administrative support to projects helping organize meetings, workshops and events.
• Assisting project personnel and staff on national execution and programme policies and procedures as needed.
• Supporting advocacy and resource mobilization efforts of the CO, by preparing a database of donors and public information contacts.
• Assisting with organizing and conducting donor meetings and public information events, including compiling relevant background material for these events.
• Supporting the coordination and implementation of knowledge management strategies and activities.
• Providing other administrative support to programme staff.
• Strengthened UNFPA Senegal capacities for programme implementation and support of programme interventions in the implementation of SDGs.
• Enhanced visibility of UNFPA as a trusted partner in the management of its financial resources and programmes within the UN system and in the international development and humanitarian context to promote social, political and economic action and changes in behaviours, social attitudes, beliefs, harmful social norms and actions by communities, individuals and society.
• Enhanced ability of UNFPA Senegal to fulfil its mission on measurable evidence-based actions to achieve sustainable, locally owned and concrete results solutions to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices
• Qualifications and Experience
Completed Secondary Level Education required. First level university degree desirable.
Knowledge and Experience:
• Five (5) years of relevant experience in administration or programme/project management.
• Proficiency in current office software applications and corporate IT systems.
• Ability to multi-task and identify and resolve operational problems.
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
Fluency in French is required and working knowledge of English is desirable.
– Commitment to UNFPA’s Values and Guiding Principles;
– Developing People/Fostering Innovation and Empowerment/Performance Management;
– Team Work/Communication/Self-Management
– Strategic Thinking/Results Orientation and Commitment to Excellence/Decision Making;
– Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Learning
– Conceptual innovation in the provision of technical expertise
– Leveraging the resources of national governments and partners/building strategic alliances and partnerships
– Job knowledge/technical expertise
– Adaptation/application of knowledge in different contexts
– Integration in a multidisciplinary environment
• Exemplifying integrity
• Demonstrating commitment to UNFPA and the UN system
• Embracing diversity in all its forms
• Embracing change
• Achieving Results
• Being Accountable
• Developing and Applying Professional Expertise/Business Acumen
• Thinking analytically and Strategically
• Working in Teams/Managing Ourselves and our Relationships
• Communicating for Impact
UNFPA Work Environment
UNFPA provides a work environment that reflects the values of gender equality, teamwork, Embracing diversity in all its forms, integrity and a healthy balance of work and life.
We are committed to maintaining our balanced gender distribution and therefore encourage women to apply. UNFPA promotes equal opportunities for all including persons with disabilities.
WARNING TO APPLICANTS: UNFPA does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process.
Should you have received a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced.
Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web. Should you feel that you have received a fraudulent notice, letter or offer that makes use of the name or logo of UNFPA, you may submit a report through the UNFPA fraud hotline …
HOW TO APPLY:
UNFPA has established an electronic application management system. This allows applicants to create a candidate profile, which can be updated regularly and submitted for more than one vacancy.
Download the Step by Step Guide to Applying in the E-recruit System of UNFPA at … employment.
Please print out the guide for your reference during the registration and application process.
Note : There is no application, processing or other fee at any stage of application process.UNFPA does not solicit or screen for information in respect of VIH or AIDS and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
|COMMENT POSTULER ?|
Apply online :