UNFPA Hiring Procurement Associate.
The Procurement Associate serves the procurement and contracting needs of the Senegal Country Office. S/He undertakes all the CO procurement functions as well as provides administrative support, maintaining full confidentiality in all aspects of the work, protocol procedures, information flow and follows up on deadlines and commitments made.
You will report to the Operations Manager.
How you can make a difference:
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person’s potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s new strategic plan (2018-2021), focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices.
In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, we need principled and ethical staff, who embody these international norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction.
UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
The Procurement Associate ensures efficient, fully accountable, smoothly functioning and well-managed procurement and logistics support and services that facilitate programme implementation and delivery.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities
You will be responsible for:
Management of office procurement
- Prepare a consolidated Procurement Plan based on a review of all Annual Work Plans and oversees procurement, ensuring the most economical and timely delivery of complete UNFPA country office procurement portfolio.
- Liaise with the Senior Management Team and other CO colleagues, in coordination (if required) with relevant Government Departments and NGOs, in defining accurate specifications and agreeing procurement modalities for the most effective and efficient programme activities implementation
- Support CO staff in proper forecasting, procurement planning and logistics management within their sphere of work
- Review procurement requests and initiate procurement VVV processes in a transparent and cost-effective manner in respect of relevant rules and procedures
- Maintain good working relations with HQ (PSB) and Local CRC for procurement process validation as needed.
- Ensure the provision and maintenance of services and supplies, following-up processes and maintaining up-to-date inventory and records. Provide regular updates on procurement timelines and ensure regular communication with various stake holders -UNFPA colleagues – Suppliers – IPs if needed)
- Develop and maintain a data base of potential and regular suppliers.
- Maintain procurement monitoring tables and reports of the procurement progress as requested;
- Participate in the OMT/BOS Procurement Working Group. Develop and maintain sound working relationships with other working group members.
- Ensure coordination with UNFPA Procurement Services Branch and Facilities Management Services, UNOPS and other UN procurement bodies for timely delivery and receipt of goods and services, release, acceptance and delivery of these to the destination point in a timely manner with due attention to quality assurance.
- Ensure Inventory management is up to date (shipment tracker) and advise the Management team on supply chain improvement.
- Maintain up-to-date and complete records, documentation and filing of all procurement processes.
- Compiling set of documents for procurement cases that are subject to review by the Contracts, Asset and Procurement Committee (CAP)
- Assisting in the preparation of travel and logistics budget, provision of information for audit
- Ensure that evaluations of service providers are completed in the correct and timely manner; and that the associated follow-up actions are implemented.
- Support the Country team in any inventory management process put in place, both for commodities and office supplies
- Provide information, technical advice and guidance on all aspects of procurement including inventory and procurement activities, processes and procedures in relation to UNFPA business practices, liaising and advising on best practices as necessary in-house as well as with external stakeholders.
- Keep Country Office personnel abreast of latest developments in policies and procedures and all PSB activity as this relates to the Country Office including regular reporting of procurement activities.
Assist in the capacity building of IPs on all aspects of procurement management
- Work closely with IPs, particularly the Ministry of Health on RH commodities and medical equipment from ordering, tracking and reception.
- Work closely with PSB to Provide support to IPs on Third Party Procurement.
- Ensure proper coordination between IP and PSB through smooth flow of information, clearance (green light, MOZ number), and shipping documents.
- Carry out any other duties as may be required by UNFPA leadership.
- Strengthened UNFPA Senegal capacities in the management of procurement and supply chain management services particularly with regards to commodities.
- Enhanced visibility of UNFPA as a trusted partner in the management of procurement and supply chain management of programme activities with a view to support political and economic action and changes in behaviours, social attitudes, beliefs, harmful social norms and actions by communities, individuals and society.
- Enhanced ability of UNFPA Senegal to fulfil its mission through efficient supply chain and contract management to better support and achieve sustainable, locally owned and concrete results solutions to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices
Qualifications and Experience
- Completed Secondary Level Education is required and an undergraduate university degree in the field of business Administration, International Development Studies, Economics, Auditing, Engineering or Logistics is desirable.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum six (6) years’ related work experience.
- Experience in international, public procurement or contracts and supplier management is highly desirable.
- Experience with UN procurement, finance and contracting regulations and procedures will be a decided advantage.
- Certification in CIPS, procurement, forecasting, or similar is an asset
- Proven experience and track record in successfully managing complex bid processes for complex products and services; proven experience and track record in complex item and category management.
- Knowledge of legal aspects of contract management is an asset.
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office (in particular, applications related to database and data analysis), Atlas (PeopleSoft or alternatively Oracle), E-filing system and other software applications is required.
Fluency in French is required and working knowledge of English is desirable.
Closing Date : 05 Novembre 2020 (5 PM, GMT)
Pour postuler à ce poste veuillez visiter erecruit.partneragencies.org.