|UNFPA recruits 01 Operations Assistant, G5|
|Localisation||Dakar / Sénégal|
|Expiration||12 Avril 2021|
Description de l’offre
NATIONAL POST: Operations Assistant, G5, Dakar, Senegal
United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA)
Grade: G-5, General Support
Occupations: General Support
Close on 12 Apr 2021
The Administrative Assistant position is located in the West and Central Regional Office of UNFPA, Dakar and reports to the International Operations Manager.
Under the overall coordination of the International Operations Manager in the West and Central Africa, the Administrative Assistant provides integrated operational and programme support within a systems’ strengthening approach fundamental to UNFPA’s overall strategy. The Administrative Assistant delivers effective administrative support and services to internal and external clients, providing administrative guidance with the International Operations Manager and his/her team to ensure timely support to COs on operational matters.
How you can make a difference:
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person’s potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s new strategic plan (2018-2021), focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices.
In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, we need principled and ethical staff, who embody these international norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction. UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
You will support the effective management of UNFPA programme activities in the areas of General Administration and travel pool management.
Complying with UNFPA Administration rules, guidelines, and processes, you will demonstrate a client-oriented, results-focused approach to interpreting rules, procedures and guidelines. You will act in an advisory manner to RO staff to maximize the impact of administrative services and human resources in delivering the country programmes. The Administrative Assistant works with and provides support the members of the Operations Team in the WCARO, as well as the team members under the Programme Coordination staff in the country offices; Administrative Assistant and officers at Headquarters, Sub-regional Offices and Country Offices as well as all staff within the Regional Office. Contacts with staff and other personnel promote achievement of common goals and shared objectives and demonstrate personal commitment to UNFPA’s mandate and organizational vision.
Both internal and external contacts include exchange of information on broader aspects of the work area which may include providing clarification of non-routine matters involving some technical input.
You would be responsible for:
• Assist the Operations Unit, in providing support and advice to the COs different units on operational and logistical matters
• Undertake all logistical, administrative and financial arrangements required for the organization of technical workshops, inter-agency meetings, panel discussions, roundtables, missions, and other events organized by the programme and technical team;
• Assist in the preparation and monitoring process of the Annual Workplan
• Assist in the preparation, implementation and monitoring process of the regional programme;
• Review incoming correspondence, collect and prepare necessary information for reply / action, and draft and finalize response;
• Prepare first drafts of responses to inquiries received by the Operations for action by supervising officers.
• Prepare travel authorizations and make travel arrangements.
• Contribute to maintaining the office filing system and assist in archiving.
• Maintain and update country, partners and project files, including project progress reports, work plans and budgets in compliance with guidelines for the regional programme;
• Prepare requisition requests in ATLAS with input from the Operations HR members; utilize Atlas to produce monthly reports on the financial status of programmes or projects; create requisitions and purchase orders in Atlas, as needed.
• Asset Management focal point and light procurement duties as requested
• Apply UNFPA rules, regulations, and procedures:
• Perform research assistance duties including bibliographic and database searches; summarize information and draft contributions to WCARO reports, papers, technical notes, and publications.
• Identify sources and gather and compile data and information for the preparation of documents, guidelines, speeches, and position papers.
• Assemble briefing materials and prepare power-point and other presentations for the Operations Team members.
• Carry out any other duties as may be required by the International Operations Manager
Qualifications and Experience:
Completed Secondary Level Education is required. First level university degree in, Business Administration, Public Administration or similar discipline is desirable.
Knowledge and Experience:
• Five (5) years of relevant experience in administration, finance, or office management.
• Previous experience in the UN an advantage.
• Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
• Computer literacy – Word, Excel, Power-point, etc.
• Good knowledge of Atlas / Peoplesoft or other ERP system.
• Good writing and communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
• Proficiency in current office software applications and corporate IT systems.
• Ability to multi-task and identify and resolve operational problems
Fluency in French is required and working knowledge of English is desirable.
|COMMENT POSTULER ?|
Apply online to this job :