UNFCCC GIR CASTT Training Programme on Greenhouse Gas 2018 (Fully-funded to Seoul, Korea)
Deadline: May 7, 2018
Application is open for the UNFCCC GIR CASTT Training Programme on Greenhouse Gas 2018. The UNFCCC Climate Action and Support Transparency Training, or UNFCCC-CASTT, is a capacity-building programme designed to cater to stakeholders at all levels of competencies within national climate governance and implementation.
Through a holistic approach to capacity-building and development, the programme draws on the knowledge of a multitude of climate change professionals to provide trainees with the theoretical and practical methods needed to take transformative action. The training will begin on June 25, 2018 and run for four weeks in Seoul, capital of the Republic of Korea.
The training programme is offered in collaboration by the UN Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) and the Greenhouse Gas Inventory & Research Center of Korea (GIR). It is the first of its kind under the UNFCCC-CASTT initiative on climate action support and transparency training.
- The round-trip flight ticket, meals, accomodation, per diem will be provided to the selected candidates.
- Open to current government officials, consultant and researchers;
- Applicants should have relevant experience in GHGs or climate change response related field;
- Junior level is preferred;
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree or higher;
- Capability to understand lectures and give presentations in English (Candidates may be administered an English test via phone);
- Individuals with an intermediate IT proficiency