UNESCO/Czech Republic Co-Sponsored Fellowships 2017/2018
Deadline: September 30, 2016
Application is open for the UNESCO/Czech Republic Co-Sponsored Fellowships Programme 2017/2018. In order to promote human resource capacities in the developing Member States and to enhance friendship among peoples of the world, the Government of the Czech Republic has placed at the disposal of UNESCO three long-term fellowships for undergraduate studies (which comprises the Bachelor’s and Master’s study programmes for the academic year 2017-2018) for the benefit of certain developing Member States.
The academic year in the Czech Republic is divided into two semesters: winter semester and summer semester. Winter begins in September, and the summer semester starts in February. Undergraduate studies (Bachelor’s study programme) take 3 to 4 years to complete, and a master’s study programme from 4 to 6 years long.
- Facilities offered by the Government of the Czech Republic
- Tuition is free of charge;
- A monthly allowance of 14,000 Czech Crowns (1 euro = approximately 25 crowns) for students undertaking bachelor and master’s study programmes (Should this allowance be considered insufficient, the applying Member State may consider granting a partial contribution, or, the candidate may have to seek other funds from private sources to complement this allowance);
- Accommodation at the student dormitories at reduced rates (to be paid by the fellow from the monthly allowance mentioned above;)
- Access to meals (to be paid with the monthly allowance) in the student dining halls;
- Access to discounts for urban transportation;
- The Ministry of Health provides medical care to fellows. (Note: The facilities are provided under the same condition as for Czech students, i.e. at a relatively lower price.)
- Facilities offered by UNESCO
- UNESCO will cover international travel expenses within the framework of the Fellowships Programme under the Regular Programme. Upon selection of the candidates, UNESCO will undertake the necessary action to authorize tickets to the beneficiaries before their departure for the Czech Republic;
- And a special one-time allowance of US$200 to cover transit and other miscellaneous expenses.
- Open to candidates from the following member states: Uzbekistan, Yemen and Zimbabwe;
- In line with UNESCO and Czech Republic’s commitment to maximize capacity-building, candidates who wish to study in the fields of natural resources and environment, forestry water and landscape management, technology and environmental engineering, economics and finance would be given priority.
To access the application form, please register here.
Application deadline is September 30, 2016 (Midnight Paris time)