UNESCO Worldwide Youth Multimedia Competition 2016
UNESCO is pleased to launch the 2016 Worldwide Youth Multimedia Contest. Contestants must choose one of the United Nation’s 17 Sustainable Development Goals and develop their solution to accomplish this aim. Click any goal above for details on each goal. Entrants should respond by making a 3-minute multimedia production, 500-700 word written essay, art work or any method that channels a specific passion in answering the prompt.
This is open to Juniors(ages 10-14); Youth (ages 15-19); and Young Adult (ages 20-24)
- There will be 7 semifinalists for each age group who will receive a certificate.
- The three finalists in each age group will receive an official plaque engraved with their name and a certificate. They will have an invitation to UNESCO’s Builders of the Universe Camp held during the summer of 2016 at Hood College in Frederick, Maryland, USA. The invitation will include a scholarship for the fee for the camp, food, accommodations, and transport to and from the airport. Airfare is not included. There will be a special ceremony held for contest winners at the camp.
- In addition, the top 9 winners will be recognized and showcased in global events during the year. This is a tremendous opportunity for youth to build leadership skills, learn how the United Nations conducts itself, and meet youth from around the world. Winners will be publicized on Feb. 18, 2016 on USFUCA and UNESCO websites.
How to Enter
Make sure your entry follows the submission guidelines prior to submitting:
- The work has to be relevant to the question.
- Your work must be original.
- All participants need to fill out the Submission Form.
- Please make sure your essay satisfies the following formatting criteria:
12 point Times New Roman; Double-spaced; 1 inch margins all around; 500-700 words in English in MLA format.
- Videos must be 3-minutes maximum.
- Images of 3-dimensional art will be accepted. You must complete the 100 word explanation of your work on the Submission Form.
- 1 entry per person
- Agree to the terms and conditions of the contest.