UNESCO recrute 01 Web manager
Humanitaire (ONG, Associations, …), Projet/programme de développement
Post Number : IIEP/PA/105
Grade : P-2
Parent Sector : Education Sector (ED)
Duty Station: Paris
Job Family: Education
Type of contract : Project Appointment
Duration of contract : One year with possibility of extension subject to availability of funds and satisfactory performance
Recruitment open to : Internal and external candidates
Application Deadline (Midnight Paris Time) : 27-JUL-2020
UNESCO Core Values: Commitment to the Organization, Integrity, Respect for Diversity, Professionalism
ORGANIZATIONAL SETTINGAs the only specialized organization with the mandate to support educational policy, planning and management, the UNESCO International Institute for Educational Planning (IIEP) plays a unique role within the United Nations system. IIEP was established in 1963 as an integral part of UNESCO. It supports ministries of education around the world and other key actors to plan and manage education systems through its programmes of training, technical assistance, policy research and knowledge sharing. IIEP also includes the IIEP Pole de Dakar and Buenos Aires Offices.
OVERVIEW OF THE FUNCTIONS OF THE POST This position is located in the Information Services Unit of the UNESCO International Institute for Educational Planning (IIEP) in Paris and reports to the Information Services Team Leader.Under the supervision of the Team Leader and within the framework of IIEP-UNESCO Medium-Term Strategy, the incumbent leads and coordinates the development and management of IIEP digital projects and activities. The incumbent develops a strong and coherent public image across all platforms and ensures an efficient and accurate use of resource.Because of the very public and fast-moving nature of web platforms, the incumbent must exercise outstanding editorial skills and sound judgement to ensure that IIEP’s reputation is preserved at all times. The incumbent will work in a collaborative team environment to achieve the following objectives:
1. Digital strategy i. The incumbent is responsible for designing and implementing a cutting-edge and highly effective digital strategy with a view to raise IIEP public profile (visibility and impact) and build strong communities of concern. The incumbent leads and coordinates the development of all related activities building a coherent public image across digital platforms and ensuring efficient use of resources. ii. The incumbent is responsible for identifying and contracting external providers (web agencies, graphic designers, etc.), liaising and following up with them and ensuring timely delivery.
2. Web development and managementThe incumbent is in charge of ensuring the smooth and efficient functioning and management of IIEP web platforms, by establishing, maintaining and developing intuitive, user-friendly and technically efficient web pages.
3. SEO & monitoringThe incumbent develops the search engine optimization of IIEP main websites, providing users with advice and guidance in this regard. The incumbent sets clear indicators and provides accurate and detailed monthly/yearly monitoring and analysis of IIEP digital presence, with a view to inform results-based decision making.
4. Compatibility & accessibilityThe Web manager carries out regular quality control and ensures conformity with internal/United Nations rules, in particular with regard to web compatibility and accessibility (incl. for people with disabilities). The incumbent anticipates and promptly troubleshoots any problem that can affect access to IIEP web platforms at all times.
5. CRM development and implementationThe incumbent supervises and ensures the smooth deployment and implementation of the CRM event management module across IIEP units and offices. The incumbent proposes improvements over time, based on IIEP needs.
6. Technology developmentsThe incumbent follows web technology trends and development closely, including through contributing to the organization of key events (e.g. hackathon, conferences) and/or securing IIEP participation in such events. The incumbent identifies best practices and proposes new solutions accordingly. The incumbent identifies and sustains partnerships with internal (United Nations) and external parties to strengthen the impact of IIEP digital strategy and support technology developments.
7. Capacity buildingThe Web manager provides specialized advice to content providers and website users, in order to enhance outreach, engagement and growth of IIEP digital platforms. The incumbent identifies and ensures training needs are met, including through the drafting of guidelines.
COMPETENCIES (Core / Managerial)Communication (C)Accountability (C)Innovation (C)Knowledge sharing and continuous improvement (C)Planning and organizing (C)Results focus (C)Teamwork (C)-For detailed information, please consult the UNESCO Competency Framework.
EducationAdvanced University Degree (Master’s or higher) in Information Technologies, Communications, Marketing or relevant field.
Professional experienceMinimum two years of relevant professional experience in web project management, of which preferably one year acquired at international level.
Experience in designing, implementing and managing complex web projects using web content management systems (including Drupal) and technologies.Experience in devising high-impact digital communications strategies, tools and approaches.Experience managing external service providers, including web agencies.Experience managing budget and using public resources efficiently.
Skills and CompetenciesGood knowledge of web analytics and Search Engine Optimization (SOE).
Excellent project management skills, including setting clear priorities, managing competing demands and ensuring coordination across diverse Units and Offices.Effectiveness in promoting organizational change and development.Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.Innovation and ability to adapt to new technology inventions to enhance provision of services.Teamwork with ability to work in a multicultural environment and establish harmonious and effective working relationships.Strong ability to work under pressure, manage a heavy and diversified workload effectively, and meet deadlines.
LanguagesExcellent knowledge of English or French and very good knowledge of the other.
LanguagesKnowledge of Spanish.
BENEFITS AND ENTITLEMENTS UNESCO’s salaries consist of a basic salary and other benefits which, where applicable, include 30 days annual leave, family allowance, medical insurance, pension plan etc. For more information on benefits and entitlements, please follow this link: ICSC booklet
SELECTION AND RECRUITMENT PROCESS Evaluation of qualified applicants may include a written assessment exercise followed by a competency-based oral interview.
UNESCO applies a zero tolerance policy against all forms of harassment.
UNESCO is committed to achieve and sustain gender parity among its staff members in all categories and at all grades. Furthermore, UNESCO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities, as well as nationals from non-and under-represented Member States (last update here) are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the highest level of confidentiality. Worldwide mobility is required for staff members appointed to international posts.
UNESCO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.