UNESCO recruits 01 Communication Assistant, Senegal
Under the authority of the Director of the UNESCO Regional Office in Dakar and under the direct supervision of the Regional Adviser for Communication and Information, as well as under the guidance of the Project Coordinator of the Communication and Information Section of the UNESCO Office in Dakar, the incumbent of the post, hired within the framework of the project « Empowering Young People in Africa through Media and Communication », will be responsible for:
- Contributing to the creation and updating of the project’s information platform on the UNESCO Headquarters website;
- Collecting on a regular basis from the UNESCO regional and national offices involved in the project, all editorial content (press releases, articles, images, videos) and other resources (various documents) produced by these offices in the framework of the project;
- Producing editorial contents on the said project to be published on the website of the UNESCO Office in Dakar and its social networks;
- Ensuring the updating of information related to the project on the different UNESCO sites of the targeted countries and their social networks;
- Carrying out any other tasks that may be necessary.
Competencies (Core / Managerial)
- Accountability (C)
- Communication (C)
- Innovation (C)
- Knowledge sharing and continuous improvement (C)
- Planning and organizing (C)
- Results focus (C)
- Teamwork (C)
- Degree (Bachelor, BTS or equivalent) in Communication, Media, Information Science, Journalism, or Political Science.
- At least one year of relevant professional experience (at the international level is an asset) in journalism, communication strategy development and implementation, or public relations
- Excellent writing skills ;
- Good computer and social networking skills;
- Good knowledge of communication and public information tools;
- Very good knowledge of French and English.
- Good knowledge of migration issues and the media sector in West and Central Africa ;
- Experience in the implementation of communication strategies targeting youth and media professionals;
- Experience working with the United Nations System or an international organization is an advantage;
- Knowledge of UNESCO’s actions, particularly in the field of communication and information.
Application deadline: 20 September 2020.
Pour postuler à ce poste veuillez visiter careers.unesco.org.