UNESCO Photo Contest 2016 (Up to $1,000 Prize)
Deadline: August 31, 2016
UNESCO New Delhi Cluster Office, launches a social media campaign #Science4Sustainability with a Photo Contest on the theme Science for Sustainable Future. The #Science4Sustainability social media campaign seeks to promote science education and research to empower people to design the solutions they need. The campaign began on the World Environment Day, 5 June 2016 and will end on the World Science Day, 10 November 2016.
Five thematic categories are open for photographic submissions:
- Science in everyday life
- Science for Peace and Development
- Biodiversity, Natural Heritage and Wildlife
- Water and Life
- Climate Change
- 1st Prize –US$ 500
- 2nd Prize –US$ 300
- 3rd Prize –US$ 200
- Special Prize – US$ 200 for the most popular photo on social media;
- Ten (2 from each category) contest winners will receive Certificates of Merit and a memento.
The four winning entries will have the honour of being displayed at the UNESCO New Delhi office’s new premises in the diplomatic area, New Delhi.
- Open to nationals of all six UNESCO New Delhi Cluster countries, namely, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal and Sri Lanka;
- Photos must be taken by the entrant himself or herself. Photos can be colour-corrected or have filters applied, but should not be digitally manipulated in terms of content and context. Please do not include any watermark or borders on your image;
- UNESCO staff and their family members are not eligible to participate in the photo contest.
UNESCO will select the winning Entries on the basis of the following main criteria:
- Originality: Use your imagination and create something unique and memorable;
- Effectiveness: Ability of the Entry to effectively convey the message;
- Quality: Composition and aesthetics of the photo submitted.
- Photographs must be submitted under the chosen category(s), with your name and residing country along with a short description of the photo in not more than 30 words,latest by 31 August 2016. Please mail your entries to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- To participate and win the special prize for the most popular photo on social media:
- Like the UNESCO New Delhi Facebook page or follow on Twitter;
- Upload your photo on Facebook or twitter with the hashtag #Science4Sustainability#UNESCONewDelhi. Please make sure that the post is public. The photo with maximum likes and shares either on Facebook or with maximum retweets on twitter shall win this prize.
- There are no limits on the number of entries that each entrant can submit. The photo can be taken using a mobile phone, camera or any other device. Expenses incurred during submission are to be borne by the entrant.