Une structure recrute 01 Regional Consultant in Law
|Regional Consultant in Law|
|Localisation||Dakar / Sénégal|
|Expiration||02 Novembre 2017|
Description de l’offre
The Regional Office for West and Central Africa (ROSEN) of the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) is tasked with assisting Governments in its region with building capacity in the areas of drug control, crime prevention and criminal justice. Activities are implemented through regional and thematic programmatic frameworks.
ROSEN requires the services of a legal consultant (Justice Programme Support) to produce a series of products in support of the implementation of the Justice component of the UNODC Sahel Programme.
• Demonstrates integrity by modeling the UN’s values and ethical standards;
• Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of UNODC;
• Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
• Substantive expertise in conducting research and data collection/analysis. Knowledge of concepts and methods in social or policy research.
• Good interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective partnerships and working relations in a multi-cultural environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity, including gender balance.
• Ability to write in a clear and concise manner and communicate effectively orally.
Required Skills and Experience
• Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in the field of law.
• A relevant and progressively responsible work for 3 years experience in the field of international law;
• Experience in legal research and backstopping training is also an asset;
• Working experience with the United Nations system is an advantage, as is experience in Africa.
• English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat;
• For the position advertised, fluency in French, with proven drafting and communication skills, is required;
• Ability to work in English is an asset.
• Quality of the outputs submitted;
• Technical competence;
• Timeliness of the delivery.
HOW TO APPLY
Please, click on the following link to apply: