Une Structure recrute 01 Partnerships Director
|Localisation||Thiès / Sénégal|
|Expiration||17 Novembre 2017|
Description de l’offre
Location: Thies, Senegal with frequent travel to partnership countries
Language Requirement: English fluency required; French fluency preferred
Duration: Minimum 3-year commitment
myAgro is an award-winning non-profit social enterprise based in West Africa. We have pioneered a mobile savings model that allows farmers to invest their own funds in high-quality seed, fertilizer, and agricultural training to increase their harvest and income by 50-100%. Our North Star is to help 1 million farmers increase their incomes by $1.50 per day by 2025 and lift themselves out of poverty.
About the Partnerships Director role
myAgro is a fast-growing organisation looking to continuously expand our impact. Partnerships with like-minded, established organisations that have a large base of beneficiaries are a key part of our growth strategy, and will be essential to reaching the level of impact that we are working to achieve. Partnerships will lead program and geographical expansion in Africa by sharing our mobile layaway platform and database.
myAgro is seeking an experienced professional to oversee the execution of our long-term partnership strategy. Following up on successful partnerships with organisations like Oxfam, our Partnerships Director will play a critical role in identifying new areas of collaboration and leveraging new resources to expand the scope and impact of myAgro’s work. S/he will cultivate partner relationships, identify new opportunities, and help develop key strategies in the coming years.
• Strategy & Communication: Continuously develop our partnerships strategy to guide our work and ensure it is regularly communicated to and discussed with myAgro’s leadership as well as potential partners.
• Outline and continuously update myAgro’s partnership goals, potential partnership models, myAgro’s value proposition and other strategic considerations.
• Keep track of new partnership models and engage other organisations to continuously learn from their experience as well as share myAgro’s thinking.
• Update myAgro’s Board and leadership team regularly on partnership progress and engage individual department leaders when relevant.
• With the Development team, identify opportunities for funding of partnerships or third-party funders.
• Partner Selection & Relations: Develop and manage a network of partners from which we can select those most aligned with our goals.
• Collaborate with Partnerships Manager in assessing partners and countries for expansion, and researching pipeline of partners.
• Continuously scouting potential partners, build a network and share myAgro’s development strategy.
• Develop strong relationships with high potential partners, learn about their operations through country scouting visits and decide on high potential collaboration.
• Lead discussions with partners on pilots, develop needed materials (e.g. budgets and proposals) and manage the Partnerships Consultant in negotiating a formal agreement.
• Partnership Design & Management: myAgro is on track to reach 750,000 farmers and increase their income by $1.50 per day through 2025 through its partnership model.
• In collaboration with partners, adapt the myAgro model for each partnership taking into account the country’s condition, the partner’s strengths and myAgro’s value proposition.
• Manage the implementation of all pilots together with the partner, including managing partner relations and supervising pilot implementation (e.g. hiring and training myAgro staff, on-site management and capacity building where needed, monitoring progress, adapting the model when necessary).
• Incubation: incubating pilots before handing over to country management.
• Program and Team Management: The partnerships team has a clear vision and successfully works together to reach myAgro’s partnerships goals in collaboration with the programs team.
• Manage and develop current staff team members through regular check ins, career reviews and feedback.
• Create “team spirit” and encourage cross-team communication through regular virtual team meetings and open information flow.
• Coordinate with programs teams on the ground to ensure that key aspects of partnerships are implemented and deliverables are met.
• Knowledge management/best practices: develop partnerships manual, document innovations, and decide what can be scaled.
• Track record of successfully implementing cross collaboration communications
• A minimum of 7 years of professional work experience (at least 3 internationally)
• Built effective relationships with external stakeholders from the private and/or public sector
• Proven ability to develop innovative program models
• Successfully set up pilots/partnerships in an international setting
• Skilled networker with the ability to find the right people and the right organization
• Proven experience scaling a program or organization across multiple countries
• Team management (ideally across locations)
• Previously worked and/or lived in Africa
• English fluency required; French fluency ideal
Additionally, you should possess:
• Passion for myAgro and our mission – the needs and realities of the farmers we serve are our top priority
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills (both written and verbal)
• Organised and an efficient work style – able to consistently exceed expectations when dealing with farmers, team members, partners and donors
• Exceptional creative problem solving skills – work effectively in a challenging and resource-constrained environment.
• Comfortable making decisions in the face of ambiguity
• Comfort in a fast-paced, high demand environment in a developing country
• Flexibility, a sense of humor, an open mind, and a diligent work ethic are necessary for success
• Compensation is competitive with other early-stage social enterprises
• Global health benefits, including dental, vision and emergency insurance
• Generous paid time off, plus national holidays
• Frequent trips to Mali and partner locations
• Make a significant impact on the growth and direction of a growing social enterprise; and see the immediate impact of helping families move out of poverty!
myAgro provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, marital/parental status, national origin, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, and genetics. myAgro complies with all applicable federal, provincial and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
HOW TO APPLY:
For immediate consideration, please apply at: