Make yourself great again with this opportunity !!! We are looking for a Bilingual Senior Accountant (M/F) . Interested ? Submit your resume and cover letter by e-mail adress.
Senior Bilingual Accountant (French/English)
• To provide finance support to the Finance Manager — Senegal for routine financial bookings, analysis and statutory/ tax filings;
• To provide day-to-day Dakar office link to the headquarters Accounts Payable, JV Accounting, and Supply Chain organisations.
• To ensure that any Senegal invoices received in the Dakar office and to be paid through Unit4 workflow are scanned to AP Mailbox for processing within Unit4 (log of all items scanned and forwarded to AP mailbox to be maintained by Accountant);
• To prepare reconciliation of local fuel cards;
• To perform « contract compliance » activities for Dakar office goods and services received (including, but not limited to telecommunications invoices, fuel cards, 3rd party staffing, office costs);
• To prepare and document month-end and year-end Dakar office accruals for review and sign off by Finance Manager — Senegal for posting by the headquarters 1V Accounting team;
• To prepare, report and analyse Dakar local office costs on a monthly basis and provide an analysis versus approved budget (and/ or latest forecast) so that that actual and forecast costs are clearly understood and communicated to Finance Manager —headquarters;
• To prepare any VAT exemption documentation required by Dakar tax office to achieve exemption stamps;
• To review monthly/ quarterly and annual tax declarations (excluding payroll taxes) prepared by service providers and submit online once signed off by Finance Manager — Senegal;
• To prepare annual EITI filing materials in preparation for review by Finance Manager—Senegal prior to submission to auditors for review/ signoff and then onward submission to EITI;
• To prepare Senegal branch accounts for review and sign off by Finance Manager — Senegal. Review process to include Senegal professional advisers and the headquarters functional sign off;
• Master degree in accounting, finance or equivalent;
• Five (05) years of experience in the same position in a multinational company;
• Bilingual French / English;
• High level of proficiency of SYSCOHADA and IFRS standards;
• Strong systems skills — preferred;
• Strong Excel skills — required;
• Good attention to detail — required;
• Ability to work on own initiative and take ownership of responsibilities to ensure deadlines are met;
• Good written and verbal communications skills;
• Strong interpersonal skills;
• Strong organisational skills;
• Keen, flexible attitude.
Submit your resume and cover letter.