|UNDP recruits 01 Senior Finance Associate|
Description de l’offre
Senior Finance Associate
Location : Dakar, SENEGAL
Application Deadline : 30-Jun-21 (Midnight New York, USA)
Additional Category : Management
Type of Contract : FTA Local
Post Level : GS-7
Languages Required : English French
Starting Date :
(date when the selected candidate is expected to start) 15-Jul-2021
Duration of Initial Contract : 12 months renewable, subject to satisfactory performance and funding
Expected Duration of Assignment : 12 months renewable, subject to satisfactory performance and funding
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
Under the overall guidance of the UNODC Regional Director and the direct supervision of the Finance Officer, the Senior Finance Associate is responsible for the financial administration of the entire portfolio of the UNODC Regional Office for West and Central Africa as per the delegation of authority on financial matters. He/she will ensure the coherent development and management of budget for the Regional office as well as support all Projects under ROSEN authority. He/she will ensure the coherent management of budget for the Regional office as well as day-to-day supervision of the Finance Unit.
Duties and Responsibilities
Within delegated authority, the Senior Finance Associate will be responsible for the following duties:
• Lead, coordinate and supervise the delivery effort within finance, human resources and administrative unit.
• Assist in the review and finalization of cost estimates, and budget proposals.
• Assist with all activities related to the management of grants and projects in Umoja.
• Provide support to managers with respect to the elaboration of resource requirements for project allocations and budget submissions.
• Prepare requests for allocations, budget revisions of funds when necessary. In collaboration with project coordinators, ensure that no over expenditure arises and that expenditures are recorded against the appropriate budget lines and commitment ledgers.
• Monitor budget implementation and determine/recommend reallocation of funds when necessary by creating unreleased and released budget revisions.
• Monitor the Field Office budget and bring forward any observation and/or recommendation to the attention of Management.
• Responsible of the implementation of the Full Cost Recovery (FCR) process and prepare appropriate cost sharing table and analysis.
• Assist in the provision of guidance on financial administration issues and practices to colleagues and to more junior personnel.
• Ensure that accurate and complete accounting, reporting and internal control systems are functioning and that all relevant records are maintained.
• Perform analysis of financial situation of projects and bring forward appropriate advice for consideration
• Assist, coordinate with other units and prepare Project/financial reports as required by donors or other entities.
• Monitor the Agency Service Request Portal and perform monthly and timely reconciliation of UNDP EIOVs to ensure accurate financial reports.
• Fully manage the Account Payable, Account Receivable and all transactions payments procedures; and act as First Level Reviewer/Approver for payment transactions.
• Review all vouchers posted in UNDP ATLAS and ensure their accuracy as appropriate.
• Provide appropriate response to internal/external audit observations and oversight functions.
• Master the application of IPSAS and Provide Profi and other relevant Financial Management training for Operations and project staff.
• Perform other duties as may be required.
Work implies frequent interaction with the following:
Financial Resources Management Service team at UNODC Headquarters, Umoja, UNDP Dakar and other Country Offices as well as ROSEN project teams and Sub- Offices.
Impact of results
Formulate effective financial and administrative operations through the provision of timely support with respect to a well formulated medium-term plan, programme budget proposals, improved administration of budgets and personnel, and improved programming and budgetary practices
• Professionalism: Knowledge of financial principles and practices. Ability to independently conduct research and analysis, formulate options and present conclusions and recommendations. Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by profession rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
• Planning & Organizing: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently.
• Accountability: Takes ownership of all responsibilities and honors commitments; delivers outputs for which one has responsibility within prescribed time, cost and quality standards; operates in compliance with organizational regulations and rules; supports subordinates, provides oversight and takes responsibility for delegated assignments; takes personal responsibility for his/her own shortcomings and those of the work unit, where applicable.
• Client Orientation: Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients ” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view; establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect; identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions; monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems; keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects; meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client.
Required Skills and Experience
Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in business administration, finance, or related field is required. A first-level university degree in similar fields in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
A minimum of seven years of relevant professional experience in finance, administration, budget, business administration or related area is required. Experience in programme/project management and dealing with donors is highly desirable. Working experience with the United Nations or similar international organization is desirable. Advanced knowledge of spreadsheet, web-based applications and ERP software (SAP) are highly desirable. Demonstrated working experience with the United Nations financial rules and regulations is an asset.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the position advertised fluency in English and French, i.e. oral and written proficiency, with excellent document drafting skills, is required.
|COMMENT POSTULER ?|
Apply online to this job :