|UNDP recruits 01 Sahel Programme Analyst|
|Description de l’offre|
Sahel Programme Analyst
Expected Starting Date:
01 October 2021
20 June 2021
Description of task:
Under the direct supervision of Sahel Programme Manager, the UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
1. Provide strategic programme and policy analysis in support of the implementation of the following integrated UNDP WACA Sahel programs (i) UN Joint Programme in the Central Sahel crisis epicentre involving 10 agencies, funds and programmes (ii) Trade for Peace in Africa’s Borderlands in the Sahel. These initiatives are implemented by the UNDP Dakar Hubb coordinating with programme delivery and management structures of UNDP’s Country Offices, its Regional Service Centre, and Sub Regional Platform for West & Central Africa and its Regional Bureau for Africa.
• Support implementation of the UNDP Sahel Programmes including development of reporting tools to monitor progress, challenges to inform decision making;
• Contribute to analysis of regional trends and programmes, maintain datasets, case evidence and research findings to distil relevant lessons learned relative to implementing of the key activities of the programme
2. Support strategic partnerships, communication, resource mobilization in relation to the effective implementation of the UNDP Sahel programmes.
• Assist in the development and design of advocacy and communication materials, including contributing to / drafting power-point presentations, speeches, and press releases as well as developing advocacy strategies for disseminating and raising awareness of key development challenges and opportunities in the Sahel region
• Assist in the development and updating of databases of UNDP WACA interventions in the Sahel region.
• Support the organization of regional and international events on the Sahel in collaboration with key stakeholders within UNDP and other partners in the Sahel region, HQ and other locations as required.
• Assist in the maintenance of a database of institutional partners and mapping of potential donors and partners for the UNDP Sahel programme and in support of the overall UNDP WACA Dakar hub.
• Support the development of targeted funding proposals for upscaling key achievements under the UNDP Sahel Programmes especially in relation to Japan’s interest in the Sahel region.
3. Enhances innovation and knowledge management.
• Contribute to the development and implementation of new tools to address the challenges and harness opportunities presented by the increasing coverage of the Sahel crisis through social media and technology.
• Draft project reports, minutes of meetings and terms of reference as required.
• Support the development / monitoring of the regional initiatives pertaining to the Sahel development challenges.
• Support the development of work plans, monitor/report on progress of programmes implementation.
• Contribute to building a community of practice through partnership building, communications, and outreach to other practices, Regional Bureau focal points, UN partners and other relevant organizations; develop networks with HQ based UN entities working in the Sahel region and other responsibilities as required to support UNDP’s engagement in the Sahel region from HQ perspective
Required degree level
Master degree or equivalent
Educational additional comments
Advanced University Degree (Master’s degree) in Development Studies, Natural Resources Management, Political Science, International Relations, Social Science, Law or related field.
• A minimum of TWO (2) years of progressively responsible experience in supporting the implementation of programmes and projects dealing with one or another aspect of sustainable development;
• Working experience in interagency coordination work on related sustainable development issues required;
• Strong abilities in strategic planning and analysis;
• Working knowledge in designing and/or implementing multi stakeholder, inter agency cross border joint programming with humanitarian-development nexus focus, is an asset.
• English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
• French(Optional), Level – Working Knowledge
Area of expertise
Development programme management
Area of expertise details
Expertise Mandatory yes/no
Academic background in Development Studies, Natural Resources Management, Political Science, International Relations, Social Science, Law or related field YES
Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills YES
Strong knowledge in programme management YES
Knowledge of Africa and Sahel NO
Adaptability and Flexibility, Client Orientation, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Creativity, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Knowledge Sharing, Leadership, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Self-Management, Working in Teams
Prerequisites This assignment is funded by JICA, therefore only former Japan Overseas Cooperation Volunteers (JICA-JOCV) who could get recommendation by JICA-JOCV Secretariat are eligible to apply. Please check your application eligibility here: JICA website. This is a UN Volunteer assignment and eligible candidates must be 25 years of age or older. Selection process Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The selection will be done by the UN Host Entity at the level of the country of assignment, via competency-based interviews held via skype or telephone. How to apply Please apply via the link below. You can then either log in if you already have an account or register via ‘Candidate Signup’. You may apply to a maximum of three assignments per advertisement and indicate your order of preference in the ‘Additional Remarks’ section of your profile.
Application deadline: 20 June 2021
|COMMENT POSTULER ?|
Apply online to this job :