|UNDP recruits 01 Programme Assistant, UNV|
|Localisation||Dakar / Sénégal|
|Expiration||01 Mars 2021|
Description de l’offre
Practice Area – Job Family
Vacancy End Date
(Midnight New York, USA)
14d 12h 43m
Education & Work Experience
C-HS Graduate or Equivalent – 5 year(s) experience
United Nations Volunteers
Until 31 December 2021
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture.
Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination.
All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
The UNV Field Units (FU) are mainly accountable for the mobilization and placement of UN Volunteers in UN Agencies, Funds, and Programmes focused on peace, development and humanitarian needs.
The UNV Field Units represent and position UNV in the respective countries and bring UNV’s services and solutions closer to its partners from governments, UN entities, civil society, and private sector.
Under the supervision of the Programme Analyst, the Programme Assistant provides administrative and operational assistance in the UNV Field Unit, in support of volunteer mobilization and deployment.
Duties and Responsibilities
Volunteer mobilization and deployment support
– Effective and efficient support of the Country Coordinator and UN partners in advocacy and outreach campaigns, such as the International Volunteer Day (IVD), presentation of promotional information with Host Entities, local volunteer organizations, etc.;
– Support onsite and online volunteer mobilization that increases the number of volunteers;
– In consultation with the Online Volunteering (OV) Programme Assistant in the respective Regional Office, , act as a focal point for online volunteers and accreditation of OV service organizations, focusing on supporting host entities with developing OV opportunities through advocacy engagements and promoting the concept of OV;
– Support the deployment and assignment management of all UN Volunteer modalities;
– Support the recruitment of national UN Volunteers, including updating and maintaining a national UN Volunteers local candidate talent pool in coordination with the Volunteer Services Centre (VSC);
– Maintain files of all UN Volunteers assigned to the country, ensuring that all correspondence and periodic reports are properly kept in the respective volunteer management platform, and that related matters requiring action are brought to the attention of his/her supervisor;
– Monitor and keep records of the contractual status of all serving UN Volunteers and flag to VSC follow-up actions
– Maintain up-to-date volunteer leave records and ensure that all UN Volunteers manage absences as per the UN Volunteer Conditions of Service;
– Maintain up to date contact records of all serving UN Volunteers, including their recognized dependents;
– Ensure that initial contract documents, beneficiary forms and inventories of personal effects of UN Volunteers are up-to-date, and submitted to UNV headquarters, VSC (through the respective volunteer management platform) in a timely manner, in accordance with the relevant provisions included in the UN Security Handbook as well as in the UN Volunteer Conditions of Service;
– Assist on the logistical and travel arrangements of arriving UN Volunteers and his/her recognized dependents;
– Facilitate government clearance and entry visas of incoming UN Volunteers and their recognized dependents;
– Provide the necessary support to UN Volunteers upon arrival, to open bank accounts as well as to complete forms required to obtain visas, residence permits, etc.;
– Undertake tasks for the local support of the UN Volunteers and recognized dependents in the country including in the cases of medical evacuation, security evacuations or the death of a UN Volunteer;
– Assist UNV HQ in ensuring all conditions are met before the payment of final entitlements to UN Volunteers at the end of their assignment.
Administrative and logistical support
– Maintain inventories of all UNV-supplied, non-expendable equipment, and ensure records of all items purchased for UNV-executed projects are submitted to UNV headquarters;
– Maintain general office files and keep information and reference material in a manner that allows easy reference and retrieval;
– Perform other administrative duties as may be required.
Ability to make new and useful ideas work
Ability to persuade others to follow
Ability to improve performance and satisfaction
Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform
Ability to get things done while exercising good judgement
Ability to manage day-to-day office activities (including but not limited to travel management, facilities and asset management, policy and procedures maintenance) to meet operational needs
Ability to identify and execute opportunities to improve operational efficiency
Ability to perform administrative and procedural activities to ensure that quality requirements and goals are fulfilled
Ability to engage and foster strategic partnerships with other parties, inter-agency coordination and forge productive working relationships
Ability to plan, organize, motivate, and control resources, procedures and protocols to achieve specific goals
Ability to capture, develop, share and effectively use information and knowledge
Required Skills and Experience
Completed secondary education;
Certification in administration, accounting or finance is desirable.
5 years of relevant experience in administration and/or programme support services.
Fluency in English and French;
Proficiency in another official UN language is an asset.
Experience using computers and office software packages (ERP, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.);
Experience in handling of web-based management systems is highly desirable.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted;
The successful candidate will hold a UNDP letter of appointment;
All posts in the GS categories are subject to local recruitment;
This post is open to nationals of Senegal and holders of a valid work permit for Senegal.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
UNDP/UNV reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement.
We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP/UNV at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process.
Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced.
Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
|COMMENT POSTULER ?|
Apply online https://jobs.partneragencies.net/erecruitjobs.html?JobOpeningId=35420&hrs_jo_pst_seq=1&hrs_site_id=2