UNDP recruits 01 Municipal Investment Finance, National Consultant
|Localisation||Dakar / Sénégal|
|Expiration||15 Avril 2019|
| Description de l’offre|
Location : Dakar, SENEGAL
Application Deadline : 15-Apr-19 (Midnight New York, USA)
Type of Contract : Individual Contract
Post Level : National Consultant
Languages Required :
Starting Date : (date when the selected candidate is expected to start) 01-May-2019
Duration of Initial Contract : 1 year
Expected Duration of Assignment : 2 years
• Promoting ethics and integrity, creating organizational precedents;
• Building support and political acumen;
• Creating and promoting enabling environment for open communication;
• Creating an emotionally intelligent organization;
Leveraging conflict in the interests of UNCDF & setting standards
• Sharing knowledge across the organization and building a culture of knowledge sharing and learning;
• Fair and transparent decision making;
• calculated risk-taking;
• Ability to address gender equality and empowerment of women considerations in strategic and operational activities of UNCDF.
Required Skills and Experience
• Master’s degree or equivalent in Economics, Business, Public Finance, Public Administration, Law, or related field.
• Minimum of 10 years of relevant, practical working experience in the west African region in the field of international development working on local development finance, preferably in Senegal or other least developed countries (LDCs) in the Western Africa region;
• Proven experience in municipal finance issues or in private sector financing of infrastructure projects;
• Deep technical knowledge of local development planning and capital investment programming in urban or rural areas;
• Experience in developing project documents and start-up of new projects;
• Experience with new product development, testing, roll-out;
• Proven resource mobilization experience and record of success in building partnerships, negotiating financing, reporting to and managing grants from development partners;
• Strong program and project management experience including budget and financial management, staff supervision, teambuilding;
• Experience of managing a bond process is a bonus.
• Strong financial analysis and business project appraisal skills;
• Familiarity with UNCDF/UNDP rules and procedures is an advantage.
• Written and spoken fluency in English and French;
• Another UN official language is an asset.
Interested individuals must submit the following as proposals in order to demonstrate their qualifications: (NOTE: the system does not allow multiple uploads of document. Applicants must make sure to upload all documents in one PDF file).
All applications must contain the following information:
• Earliest availability and proposed schedule for consultancy.
• Duly accomplished Letter of Confirmation of Interest and Availability using the template provided by UNDP.
• Personal CV, indicating all past experience from similar projects, as well as the contact details (email and telephone number) of the Candidate and at least three (3) professional references.
• Financial Proposal that indicates the all-inclusive daily fee, supported by a breakdown of costs, as per template provided.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Please make sure you have provided all requested materials.
Individual consultants will be evaluated based on the following methodology:
• Technical Evaluation Weight – 70%
• Financial Evaluation Weight – 30%
• Only shortlisted candidates will be considered for the Technical Evaluation. The shortlisting will be based on respective educational background and minimal requirements for work experience. The Individual consultant will be evaluated based on the following methodology:
• When using this weighted scoring method, the award of the contract should be made to the individual consultant whose offer has been evaluated and determined as:
• responsive/compliant/acceptable; and
• having received the highest score out of a pre-determined set of weighted technical and financial criteria specific to the solicitation.
Only candidates obtaining a minimum of 70% or above on the scoring of the technical aspect of their proposal will be considered for financial evaluation.
• Criteria A: Master’s degree in Economics, Business, Public Finance, Public Administration, Urban Development, Law, or related field; 20 points.
• Criteria B: Minimum of 10 years relevant, practical working experience in the field of local development finance, preferably in developing countries and LDCs; 20 points.
• Criteria C: Proven experience in the design and application of municipal finance instruments and experience in infrastructure financing projects, experience working for local governments and / or development banks financing local governments is an asset; 40 points.
• Criteria D: Proven ability to motivate staff, share knowledge and build effective teams to implement municipal finance initiatives; 20 points.
• The consultant will be paid monthly on a lump sum basis as per agreed monthly/quarterly workplan;
• Payments will be based on submission of the Certificate of Payment, time-sheets and deliverables achieved.
The consultant may be requested to conduct specific missions to the field. If requested, UNCDF will arrange and cover the cost of the Travel in line with UNCDF’s rules and regulations.