|UNDP recruits 01 Finance Specialist|
Description de l’offre
Practice Area – Job Family: Management
Vacancy End Date
(Midnight New York, USA)
Duty Station Dakar, Senegal
Education & Work Experience
I-Master’s Level Degree – 5 year(s) experience
Vacancy Type FTA International
2 Year with possibility for extension
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
Job Purpose and Organizational Context
UNDP, as an integral part of its mission to fight poverty and improve the lives of people around the world, is committed to being open, transparent and accountable. In 2015, as part of this commitment UNDP established a Global Shared Service Unit (GSSU) to ensure optimal and consistent provision of operational services in the areas of finance, HR, procurement, administration to UNDP Offices worldwide, and to provide training to UNDP Offices where needed.
The Global Shared Service Unit (GSSU) is part of the Bureau for Management Services (BMS).
As an essential component of the strategic direction of the UNDP Bureau for Management Services (BMS) and the emphasis on the provision of cost effective and integrated management transactions services, the UNDP Global Shared Services Unit (GSSU) combines the resources of GSSU (Copenhagen), GSSU (Kuala Lumpur) and new centers in line with approvals from the Executive Group such as Dakar and Istanbul.
Under the supervision of the Finance Integration Specialist (P4) in Kuala Lumpur, the Finance Specialist, Dakar will on a day-to-day basis, serve as the interlocutor between management and staff to ensure that the finance service lines are fit for purpose and that implementation of transactions, products and service are rooted in a clear understanding of the work of UNDP Country Offices. In doing so, the incumbent will exercise fiduciary responsibility over the execution of financial transactions, services and products assigned to the GSSU Finance Team in Dakar and will ensure that operational policies and procedures are implemented according to the UNDP Financial Rules and Regulations (FRR) and the Internal Control Framework (ICF).
The Finance Specialist, Dakar will also provide support to the Finance Integration Specialist (P4) and Finance Manager (P5) in KL with the design and implementation of training necessary for the successful performance of the Finance Team in Dakar consisting of three sub-units – Emergency Transaction Processing for Africa, Arab States and Europe time zones, Accounts Payable for RBA Francophone countries and Accounts Payable for RBAS countries. The Finance Specialist will support the Finance Integration Specialist (P4) and Finance Manager (P5) in KL in providing technical leadership and guidance in Dakar with the setting of key performance indicators and management targets, the implementation of audit recommendations, ensuring the smooth integration of new functions and processes and building and maintaining a continuous culture of business improvement.
In addition, the Finance Specialist will assist the Finance Integration Specialist (P4) in KL in supervising and supporting the Finance Analyst who leads the Emergency Transaction Processing and RBLAC Accounts Payable streams in Panama.
The Finance Specialist ensures that the three sub-units within the Dakar Finance Team, work in close collaboration with the GSSU Contact Centre teams located in Dakar and Panama, the GSSU Finance Teams located in KL and Panama and with other units of GSSU and BMS, as necessary, to achieve management excellence in service of client Country Offices in the 5 Regional Bureaus.
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of Key Functions:
• Finance Operations Planning and Management
• Knowledge Management and Knowledge Sharing
• Management Excellence
1. Finance Operations Planning and Management
• Develop and manage a client-oriented and highly skilled Finance Team that is fully committed to the achievement of GSSU functions and management targets. Provides guidance and interpretation on structure and representation on behalf of the Finance Team members.
• Manage the day-to-day operations as a business, responding to changes in volumes and workload, including careful planning for peak workload periods while monitoring the application of flexible working arrangement policies.
• Work with each sub-unit team to identify additional IT system requirements and ensures the full utilization of those systems to support efficient client relationship management, content management and knowledge sharing.
• Using the assigned delegation of authority, validates the consistent application of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), UNDP rules, regulations, policies and procedures, particularly with clarity and consistency to IPSAS principles. Search for opportunities to harmonize business processes between teams and initiates documentation of and adherence to new processes.
• In close coordination with Sub-Unit Team leads, scrutinize financial exception reports to identify unusual activities and transactions, investigate all anomalies and unusual transactions and informs the Finance Integration Specialist P4 in KL when satisfactory answers are not obtained.
• Coordinate the provision of periodic reports and feedback of the performance of the GSSU Finance Team Dakar and works closely with Strategic Performance and Client Management Team within the GSSUC Directorate to maintain expectations and apply best practice mechanism that achieve optimal service delivery. This includes instilling a performance management culture throughout GSSU, including continuously evaluating services to clients with a view to improving delivery through innovation and deployment of best practices.
• Responsible for the general management and overall supervisory of the GSSU Finance Team in Dakar and provides oversight to the team in Panama with respect to issues related to team coverage & absences, annual work plans, annual performance appraisals, design and delivery of on the-job training and learning requirements.
2. Knowledge Management & Knowledge Sharing
• Create/coordinate a culture of knowledge building and sharing on financial management and operations by synthesizing lessons learned and best practices and customizing them to ensure smooth integration into workflows and team interactions.
• Create/build a deeper understanding of country office needs and behaviors that increases the success of the GSSU in meeting delivery expectations on global finance services and products.
• Support the implementation of appropriate innovation strategies that contribute to enhanced support of business processes and controls within the target operating model. Reviews SOPs and workflows to identify and propose remedies for bottlenecks. Proposes amendments to SOPs and business processes as required.
• Support development and implementation of coherent knowledge management platforms that aim to facilitate the gathering, processing, codifying and use of knowledge required for smooth and effective operations.
• Advocate for regular knowledge building and sharing initiatives, including webinars and other forms of knowledge exchange and dissemination.
• Monitor staff/management issues within the expanding GSSU Finance Team in Dakar and Panama and support/advise management and staff as appropriate to improve information flow/exchange, manage relationships and resolve issues and conflicts. Provide support and representation to locally based staff-management bodies in the capacity of focal point for the GSSU Finance Team.
3. Management Excellence
• Promote management excellence in the GSSU Finance stream by ensuring accountability in all areas and by demonstrating a high level of skills in the management of staff resources including staff selection based on merit and the needs of the organization, staff aspiration and counselling, systematic and equitable performance management, and staff development and learning activities. Effectively manage the human resources of the GSSU/Finance Dakar Team and ensure both are optimally utilized.
• Monitor compliance with all systems and procedures and ensure management integrity and accountability with high quality standards in all activities in Finance. Ensure the implementation of agreed audit recommendations. Advise on corrective measures to be taken and establish relevant internal controls.
• Liaise with all country office managers to develop learning/training sessions that benefit smooth understanding of SOPs and workflows of financial transactions and services between country offices and the GSSU.
• Ability to make new and useful ideas work
• Ability to persuade others to follow
• Ability to improve performance and satisfaction
• Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform
• Ability to get things done while exercising good judgement
• Knowledge of accounting concepts, principles, regulations, and policies and ability to apply to strategic and/or practical situations
Financial Planning & Budgeting
• Ability to create and manage processes to achieve UNDP’s long and short-term financial goals
• Ability to manage organization’s holdings with the ultimate goal of maximizing liquidity and mitigating risk
• Ability to receive, record, report and manage contributions
• Ability to examine and verify accounts and records
• Ability to identify and execute opportunities to improve operational efficiency
Management & Coordination
• Ability to manage and coordinate campaigns and people with inspiration. Believe in and promote diversity in the workplace and reshaping the workforce to meet need.
• Accurately accumulating information and its analysis; forecasting potential problems and planning; allowing for alternative, creative solutions and identifying most reasonable solutions
• Ability to capture, develop, share and effectively use information and knowledge
Required Skills and Experience
• Advanced (Masters) University Degree in Finance or Accounting, and/or a professional accounting qualification from an internationally accredited institute of accountancy. Those with professional accounting qualifications from an internationally accredited institute of accountancy will have a distinct advantage.
• Minimum 5 years of management experience, including implementation of new business processes.
• Demonstrated ability to analyze, interpret and implement corporate policies, procedures and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
• Solid understanding of UNDP Finance Rules and Regulations, policies and procedures.
• Experience of delivering financial services to clients in a shared service context is required.
• Experience of delivering financial services to or in multiple Country Offices of different typologies is an advantage.
• In-depth knowledge of an ERP, preferably Peoplesoft or Oracle Cloud. Experience of working with ERP systems on a global basis.
• At least 2 years of recent supervisory responsibility leading teams.
• Experience in the usage of computers and MS Office packages (MS Word, Excel etc.). Demonstrated knowledge of integrated finance management systems would be an asset. Experience of working with a case management or CRM system, preferably Oracle CX or ServiceNow, is an advantage.
• Fluency in English (both oral and written). Working knowledge of other UN languages is an asset.
• UNDP Advance Accountancy and Finance Test (AAFT) and FTCP Certification required.
Important information for US Permanent Residents (‘Green Card’ holders)
Under US immigration law, acceptance of a staff position with UNDP, an international organization, may have significant implications for US Permanent Residents.
UNDP advises applicants for all professional level posts that they must relinquish their US Permanent Resident status and accept a G-4 visa, or have submitted a valid application for US citizenship prior to commencement of employment.
UNDP is not in a position to provide advice or assistance on applying for US citizenship and therefore applicants are advised to seek the advice of competent immigration lawyers regarding any applications.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement.
We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process.
Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced.
Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
|COMMENT POSTULER ?|
Apply online to this job :