UNDP recruits 01 Finance Assistant
The Finance Assistant supports the provision of accounting services to the Clustering, or Procure-to-Pay, or Record-to-Report and Revenue based on the teams s/he is assigned to, ensuring high quality, accuracy and consistency of work in line with the Standard Operating Procedures.
Ensures implementation of operational and financial management strategies, adapts processes and procedures focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Full compliance with UN/UNDP rules and regulations of financial processes, financial records and reports and audit follow up; implementation of the effective internal control framework.
- Finance business processes mapping and elaboration of the content of internal Standard Operating Procedures in Finance in consultation with the direct supervisor and office management.
- Ensures financial records are compliance with SOPs, IPSAS and other UNDP Financial Rules and Regulations
Provides accounting and finance support to COs and performs Global payroll functions focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Proper review/validation of the supporting documents for payments and financial reports for NEX projects; preparation of all types of vouchers; Pay Cycle and payments execution.
- Timely execution of pay cycle run and validation of payment data.
- Approval of vendors in Atlas.
- Maintenance of the internal expenditures control system which ensures that vouchers processed are matched and completed, transactions are correctly recorded and posted in Atlas.
- Timely follow up with COs on unposted vouchers, including the vouchers with budget check errors, match exceptions, unapproved vouchers.
- Maintenance of the Accounts Receivables for country offices and ensures that deposits are created and applied on timely manner, and in accordance with guidelines, rules and regulations.
- Timely and accurate preparation of bank reconciliations in accordance with guidelines, rules and regulations.
- Performs Payroll Administrator functions, which includes the recording of one time/recurring earnings and deductions, proper validation of payroll results for a timely disbursement of salaries as per the monthly payroll calendar.
- Performs timely travel and expense reconciliation
- Ensures proper adherence to Service Level Agreement (SLAs) and contributes to the establishment of a continuous improvement environment.
- Able to report and bring to Management’s attention on deviation from Service Agreements.
Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing
- Provides guidance and training to junior staff and other team members.
- Assist in functions relating Procure-to-Pay lifecycle
- Perform accounting tasks such as record invoice, analyses account payable and monitoring late payments, managing payment batches.
- Analyze payable accounts and monitor aging of invoices
- Assist in recording of general accounting transactions which includes assets, investment, inter-agencies, B2B and cash arrangement.
- Assist with analyzing of accounts and preparation of reconciliations; report aging balances; taking appropriate actions and tracking pending items.
- Assist with attending assets transactions with regards to basic add, assets transfer or disposal, leasehold improvement, intangibles, any adjustment or reclassification of fixed assets transactions.
- Assist in implementation of accounting, closing calendars, audit requirement and year end certifications.
- Process revenue accounting and treasury transactions.
- Examine and record transactions received in bank accounts
- Analyse queries relating to revenue and treasury and provide support to UNDP’s offices worldwide in these areas.
- Contribute to the evolution of services proposed by GSSC, recording its activities, analysing discrepancies, and participating in continuous improvements.
- Secondary Education with specialized certification in Accounting and/or Finance. University degree in Finance or Accounting desirable.
- Part-qualified accountants from an internationally accredited institute of accountancy will have a distinct advantage.
- Long-listed candidates will be required to undergo the UNDP Accountancy & Finance Test.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience with Secondary Education or
- 2 years with Bachelor’s degree in accounting and/or financial management, preferably in an international setting. Knowledge of IPSAS and/or IFRS required for external candidates.
- Fluency in English and French. Knowledge of any other UN languages (Spanish, Arabic, Russian or Mandarin) is a plus.
- Experience in the usage of computers and MS Office packages
- Advanced knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages.
- Experience in handling of web-based management systems and ERP financials, preferably PeopleSoft or Oracle Cloud.
Application deadline: 30/01/2021
Pour postuler à ce poste veuillez visiter jobs.partneragencies.net.