|UNDP recruits 01 Communications Analyst|
|Description de l’offre|
UNDP Dakar, Sénégal
Temps plein · Confirmé
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
The UNV Regional Offices (RO) provide oversight and strategic guidance to the UNV Field Units in their respective geographical assignments and are mainly accountable for the placement of UN Volunteers mobilized for UN Agencies, Funds, and Programmes focused on peace, development and humanitarian needs. Furthermore, the Regional Offices represent, and strategically position, UNV and bring UNV’s services and solutions closer to its partners from governments, UN entities, civil society and private sector. The Regional Offices also lead in scoping and delivering UNV’s advisory service offer on volunteer infrastructure.
Reporting to the Manager, Regional Office, and with the technical guidance and supervision of the Communications Specialist, the Communications Analyst is responsible for content research and production in the regional context, development and maintenance of online presence, and contributes to outreach efforts and campaigns in the Field Units assigned to the Regional Office. He/she closely coordinates his/her work with the Communications team at UNV headquarters.
Duties and Responsibilities
Content research and production
• Research volunteer initiatives and experiences in the region for all communications purposes, in coordination with the Field Units;
• Coordinate and write content production and development of communications tools with the Communications team at UNV headquarters;
• Prepare up-to-date information, articles, and publishing content based on corporate, regional and field unit’s priorities;
• Develop consistent brand awareness, maintaining style and editorial standards in online and print materials, multimedia, social platforms and other communications tools;
• Manage content for social media platforms in the region, monitor conversations and comments, and keep track of social media analytics;
• Edit and publish online content and covey key messages to target audiences on the web;
• Collect and coordinate up-to-date visual assets (photography, infographics), along with production of video for regional initiatives, along with supporting for corporate use;
• Measure results on a regular basis and conduct media content audits to understand audience preference and the impact of different approaches;
• Identify and measure key performance indicators such as audience growth, audience profile, audience engagement, ser acquisition, content reach, engagement by content type, response rate and quality.
Plan, design and implement regional external strategies for communications and outreach, based on the corporate strategic direction
• Prepare and conduct communications needs assessments for all Field Units in the region;
• Draft/edit regional communications and outreach tools for partnerships, based on the corporate communications strategy;
• Prepare analytics and reporting on communications;
• Analyze requirements and synthesis of proposals on ways to integrate advocacy and communication strategies into all aspects of UNV’s efforts of mobilization and promoting of volunteerism
Content quality and coordination for all communication tools
• Expand the online and offline visibility of UNV Regional Office initiatives and increase knowledge sharing across Field Units;
• Scale up existing social media presence and strategies for increased coverage and reach;
• Provide leadership in the implementation of tools and processes for Field Units to submit content for corporate communications purposes;
• Work with partner UN agencies and other partners at the regional level for the publishing of information on UNV to ensure consistency of content and editorial products;
• Identify opportunities for strategic partnerships, innovation and coverage of the Regional Office activities;
• Arrange for the translation of materials when required, ensuring brand and quality of such materials;
• Guide personnel in the Regional Office and Field Units on communications formats, design, photography, video and promotional items.
Online and print marketing, outreach and campaigns
• Lead Field Units in the region in the preparation of media tools and messaging in preparation of the International Volunteers Day (IVD);
• Coordinate with Field Units and external partners to ensure continued support during the International Volunteers Day (IVD) and other corporate events;
• Manage IVD event for the Regional Office;
• Collect and analyze data and feedback for final reporting on events;
• Develop online and print materials for the promotion of outreach events and campaigns in Field Units;
• Reply to public inquiries and refer queries, comments and contributions for appropriate action; channel queries/comments/contributions to relevant staff members for processing;
• Contribute to outreach initiatives to raise visibility and media interest in the work of UNV and the contributions made by UN Volunteers.
Achieve Results: Plans and monitors own work, pays attention to details, delivers quality work by deadline.
Think Innovatively: Open to creative ideas/known risks, is pragmatic problem solver, makes improvements .
Learn Continuously: Open minded and curious, shares knowledge, learns from mistakes, asks for feedback
Adapt with Agility: Adapts to change, constructively handles ambiguity/uncertainty, is flexible
Act with Determination: Shows drive and motivation, able to deliver calmly in face of adversity, confident
Engage and Partner: Demonstrates compassion/understanding towards others, forms positive relationships
Enable Diversity and Inclusion: Appreciate/respect differences, aware of unconscious bias, confront discrimination
Cross-Functional & Technical competencies
Knowledge generation: Ability to research and turn information into useful knowledge, relevant for context, or responsive to a stated need
Digital Awareness and Literacy: Ability and inclination to rapidly adopt new technologies, either through skilfully grasping their usage or through understanding their impact and empowering others to use them as needed
Public Relations: Ability to build and maintain an overall positive public image for the organisation, its mandate and its brand, while ensuring that individual campaigns and other communications and advocacy initiatives are supported in reaching the public
Advocacy strategy and implementation: Ability to create and implement advocacy strategies which lead to impactful change
Social media management: Ability to represent and promote the UNDP brand in virtual communities and networks
Marketing: Ability to communicate the value of a product or service
Campaign management : Ability to produce and implement communications and advocacy campaigns which lead to impactful change
Required Skills And Experience
• Master’s degree in journalism or communication.
Experience, Knowledge, And Skills
• 2 years of relevant experience, including at least one year in web content editing/publishing;
• Alternatively, bachelor degree in combination with 2 additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted
• Proficiency in the use of content management systems, HTML coding, photo editing tools and other web publishing tools;
• Good knowledge of internet communications, marketing and outreach activities
• Fluency in English and French;
• Proficiency in another official UN language is desirable.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted;
The successful candidate will hold a UNDP letter of appointment;
This post is open to nationals of Senegal only.
Applicant Information About UNDP Rosters
UNDP/UNV reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP/UNV at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process.
Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced.
Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
|COMMENT POSTULER ?|
Apply online :