|UNDP recruits 01 Administrative Assistant|
|Description de l’offre|
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
Close on 19 May 2022
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
The UNV Regional Offices (RO) provide oversight and strategic guidance to the UNV Field Units in their respective geographical assignments and are mainly accountable for the placement of UN Volunteers mobilized for UN Agencies, Funds, and Programmes focused on peace, development, and humanitarian needs. Furthermore, the Regional Offices represent, and strategically position, UNV and bring UNV’s services and solutions closer to its partners from governments, UN entities, civil society, and private sector. The Regional Offices also lead in scoping and delivering UNV’s advisory service offer on volunteer infrastructure.
Reporting to the Manager, Regional Office, the Administrative Assistant provides administrative and logistical support to the Regional Office, including assistance to its Field Units (FU), as required. She/he maintains close working relations with internal clients in the region as well as with UNDP and UN Agencies’ staff, and UNV’s relevant headquarters units for administrative support and coordination purposes. She/he takes on additional operational tasks as assigned by the Regional Manager to support the interests of UNV in the region under the guidance of the organization’s Strategic Framework.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provision of financial, administrative, and logistical support services
• Provide financial, administrative, and operational support services to the Regional Office;
• Establish accruals and maintain an internal expenditures control system to ensure that vouchers processed are matched and completed, transactions are correctly recorded and posted in the ERP system, and travel claims are duly processed;
• Keep a suitable filing system for finance records and documents;
• Prepare routine correspondence and reports in accordance with standard internal procedures;
• Support the Regional Manager in the preparation, oversight, and maintenance of the RO’s budget, including allocations to Field Units (FU) and Field Unit Monitoring Travel (FUMT);
• Maintain administrative control records such as commitments and expenditures. Prepare system-driven reports as required:
• Compile basic documentation, such as statistical data on volunteer mobilization, for the region as an input into corporate exercises;
• Support with protocol matters, registration of staff, coordination with local authorities, space management for special events and other administrative and logistical matters;
• Maintain and classify general office files and keep information and reference material in a manner that allows easy reference and retrieval. Collect and distribute incoming and outgoing mail and maintain accurate tracking;
• Act as leave monitor for the RO personnel;
• In cases where there is no UNV Field Unit in the country where the RO is located, support recruitment and other administrative needs of volunteers for the given country.
2. Support to procurement, assets management and event activities
• Assist in procurement processes by preparing requisitions and checking their completeness and authorization/documentary support to ensure that specifications, budget provisions and all other requirements are in order; follow up and place receipts in the ERP system after goods/services have been received or rendered;
• Support UNV HQ and UNDP Regional Bureau and Country Offices’ asset focal points on asset management, collecting, maintaining, and consolidating records of UNV assets located in Regional Offices and Field Units to ensure data in the ERP system is correct;
• Act as administrative and logistical focal point for the organization of RO-led workshops, retreats and other events including financial budgeting, identification of procurement needs and initiates procurement action.
3. Travel management processes
• Process travel requests in the ERP system, as per relevant procedures. Ensure availability of budget according to Chart of Account as well as competitive price from travel provider;
• Provide information to staff on travel, including entitlements, travel route and hotel arrangement. Support arrangements for security clearance when required;
• Process travel authorizations –including timely follow-up action on security clearances– and travel claims in a timely manner and as per travel entitlements for staff, consultants, meeting participants to RO events, etc., ensuring that travel arrangements are in compliance with UNDP rules and regulations and related travel policies;
• Monitor and keep track record of the travel requests and expense reports from the RO and FU personnel in T&E Dashboard and take corrective actions when needed;
• Process requests for visas for all UNV travelers, as well as hotel reservations, and requests for Resident Permit and Diplomatic Identification Card for international staff. Process applications and renewals of UN Laissez-Passer for UNV staff.
• Plans and monitors own work, pays attention to details, delivers quality work by deadline
• Open to creative ideas/known risks, is pragmatic problem solver, makes improvements
• Open minded and curious, shares knowledge, learns from mistakes, asks for feedback
Adapt with Agility
• Adapts to change, constructively handles ambiguity/uncertainty, is flexible
Engage and Partner
• Demonstrates compassion/understanding towards others, forms positive relationships
Cross Functional & Technical Competencies:
• Ability to communicate in a clear, concise and unambiguous manner both through written and verbal communication; to tailor messages and choose communication methods depending on the audience
Customer Satisfaction/Client Management:
• Ability to respond timely and appropriately with a sense of urgency, provide consistent solutions, and deliver timely and quality results and/or solutions to fulfil and understand the real customers’ needs
• Ability to anticipate client’s upcoming needs and concerns
• Provide inputs to the development of customer service strategy
• Look for ways to add value beyond clients’ immediate requests
• Ability to research and turn information into useful knowledge, relevant for context, or responsive to a stated need
Documents and records management:
• Overall document (hard or electronic) management; registry and retention policy including storing and archiving
Travel policy and procedures:
• Knowledge of travel policy and procedures, ability to interpret travel policy, the Staff Rules, administrative circulars and financial regulations and rules on travel-related matters
• Ability to support budgetary aspects of work planning process, drawing and management of team budgets
• The ability to acquire goods, services or works from an outside external source
Required Skills and Experience
• Secondary education;
• Certification in administration, accounting or finance is highly desirable.
• 5 years of relevant experience in administration support services;
• Alternatively may be accepted Bachelor degree in combination with 2 years of relevant experience in administration support services;
• Proficiency in the use of computers and office software packages (ERP, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.);
• Knowledge of web-based management systems is highly desirable.
• Fluency in English and in French;
• Proficiency in another official UN language is an asset.
• Only short-listed applicants will be contacted;
• The successful candidate will hold a UNDP letter of appointment;
• All posts in the GS category are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
UNDP/UNV reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP/UNV at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
|COMMENT POSTULER ?|
Apply online for this job :