UN Women/Tanzania: Call for Proposals for Tubadilike Tupinge Ukatili Program 2018 – 2021
Deadline: 16 May 2018
UN Women Tanzania Country Office has announced a Call for Proposals for women-led Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) and Non-Government Organizations (NGOs) with innovative and high impact programmes on the advancement of gender equality, protection of women’s rights.
These initiatives will contribute to the implementation of the National Plan of Action (NPA) on Ending Violence Against Women and Children in line with Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in the selected regions of Shinyanga, Mara, Tabora, Kagera, Geita, Singida, Dodoma and Unguja/Pemba. These regions report percentiles are higher than the national average as per National Demography and Health Survey 2015/16.
Through this Call for Proposals, UN Women seeks proposals from women-led NGOs and NGOs with strong track record in advancing Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women and in efforts regarding the prevention of violence against women and girls. NGOs will have proven capacity to develop and implement interventions with the overall objective of transforming the environment and social norms that perpetuate and contribute to violence against women and girls or put women and girls at risk of violence in public spaces, such as markets, streets, schools. Such initiatives should prioritize communication and community level initiatives and the development of partnerships focusing on engagement with religious, traditional and local leaders and women and men groups in the selected regions.
- The objectives of the program are:
- Favorable social norms, attitudes and behaviors are promoted at community and individual levels to prevent VAW
- Attitudes and behavior related to women’s and girls’ rights to enjoy public spaces free from SVAWG improved.
- Through this program, women, men, girls, boys and other influential champions such as community leaders are engaged in transformative activities in their communities to promote respectful gender relationships, gender equality, and safety in public spaces.
With the overall outcome of A society that respects gender equality and protection of women and girls against all forms of violence, a proposal should address one of the following component:
- Component 1: Mobilize women, girls, men and boys as well as community leaders in favor of respectful relationships and gender equality.
- Component 2: Enhance capacity of women and girls, men and boys to recognize SVAWG in public spaces as violation of women’s rights, to respond and to prevent it.
- Component 3: Develop transformative initiatives in relation to non-formal education and media messaging with a view to raising awareness about positive gender norms that protect women and girls from violence.
- Component 4: Provide training and capacity-building for organizations and community members advocating for gender equality and the elimination of VAWG.
- Component 1-up to TZS 224,000,000
- Component 2-up to TZS 224,000,000
- Component 3-up to TZS 224,000,000
- Component 4-up to TZS 224,000,000
- Women-led and women’s rights organizations with a strong focus on Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women that are legally registered in Tanzania, that have specialized knowledge, expertise and track record of working in women’s human rights and EVAW/G programming, including but not limited to: non-governmental organizations, community-based organizations, advocacy and media networks (at national or sub-national level).
- Legal status: Applicants must have valid legal status with the Government of Tanzania. (A valid Certificate of Registration under NGO Act 2002 is required)
- Gender equality focus: Applicants must demonstrate experience implementing programmes on gender equality with a focus on ending violence against women and girls, media engagement and sensitization of community leaders through an organizational resume or CV of past implementing experience and areas of expertise in the selected regions of Mara, Shinyanga, Kagera, Tabora, Geita, Singida, Dodoma and Unguja Kusini/Pemba Regions. (Documents required)
- Women’s leadership: Applicants must have at least 50% women in its Board and its staff or with substantive representation of women in leadership positions. (Documents required)
- Audit reports: Applicant must have certified audit reports for 2-3 previous fiscal years (and 2017 if available) (Audit reports required)
- Endorsement: Applicants must submit at least one Letter of Endorsement from gender equality or women’s empowerment mechanism, governmental authority on gender equality, or other multi-stakeholder institution (including UN offices other than UN Women). Please note: To ensure fairness, Letters of Endorsement by UN Women offices will not be accepted. (Letters of Endorsement required).
How to Apply
All proposals must be submitted via email at the address given on the website with subject line REF: CFP No. EVAWG TZ 2018/001- Tubadilike Tupinge Ukatili Project for 2018 – 2021.
Eligible Country: Tanzania