UN Women recruits 01 Regional Communication Analyst
- Starting Date : (date when the selected candidate is expected to start) 01-Jun-2022
- Duration of Initial Contract : 1 year
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
UN WOMEN West & Central Africa Regional Office has been supporting multi initiatives through programming, global advocacy and building strategic partners with national governments, civil society, UN agencies, and other bilateral and multilateral development organizations. In this process, UN WOMEN WCARO has contributed to building interest, capacity, and commitment to integrating Gender issues processes in the West and Central Region. UN WOMEN Regional and country offices are supporting several other initiatives at regional and country levels and there is a need for visibility.
Reporting to the Regional Communication Specialist, the Regional Communication Assistant will be in charge of supporting the WCARO Communication Unit in developing new communication tools and initiatives , maintaining its various platforms including the UN Women Regional Office website and social media accounts and creating compelling communication materials for online and offline audiences. S/he is responsible for timely, support to the regional commutation team in liaising with country offices and with other units within the regional office.
The results have a substantial impact on the effectiveness of UN Women’s regional communications and outreach efforts, enhancing the visibility, raising awareness, and understanding of UN Women and its mission, thus helping ensure UN Women achieves its strategic goals.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supporting regional online outreach and production of information materials for public outreach
- Overseeing of the regional website technically and editorially and coordination of the web presence of multi-country and COs in the region and in line with the corporate web policy.
- Management of regional social media accounts and support to the country offices in line with corporate social media policy
- Providing and interpreting web and social media analytics for monthly, quarterly and annual reports
- Drafting and editing of stories, brochures, fact sheets, to inform various stakeholders.
- Supporting CO’s and MCO’s with formatting and editing of program documents and reports for donor review.
- Documenting UN Women impact through photography and videography
- Creating compelling graphic designs for UN Women communication materials
Organize UN Women special events and campaigns
- Actively elaborating communications campaigns and strategies and UN campaigns, e.g. 6 days of activism, Generation Equality, CSW, International days.
- Organization of special events with a view to reaching wider audiences; to that end, concepts conceived, and
- relevant materials developed and compiled.
Management of UN Women media/press relations
- Drafting media materials: Press releases, media advisories and media kits
- Establishing strong media relations and organizing media events and campaigns
- Overseeing media monitoring and reporting
Support coordination of communication activities with UN communication colleagues at regional /national level
- Regular liaison with Communications Officers from other UN entities at the regional / country level to provide UN Women inputs to joint UN initiatives, collection of storytelling articles, and regional updates for information bulletins.
- Support new communications partnerships and media alliances to enhance UN Women visibility
- Support communications team as required.
Key performance indicators
- Timely inputs to communication and advocacy materials
- Fair analysis of UN Women online engagement
- Accurately drafted content for online and offline outreach material
- Relevant support to UN Women media/press outreach
- Relevant support to UN Women special events and campaigns ·
- Timely support to coordination of communication activities with UN communication colleagues at regional /national level
- Timely assistance with administrative procedures
- Respect for Diversity
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Leading by Example
- Ability to create, edit and present information in clear and presentable formats: online and offline
- Knowledge of social media and communication strategies and methods
- Strong multimedia skills
Required Skills and Experience
Education and certifications
- Minimum of a master’s degree in Communication, Public relations, Journalism
- A first-level university degree in combination with 2 additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- At least 3 years of experience in Communication, Public relations, Journalism
- Experience of communication principles applied to non-governmental organizations
- Knowledge and understanding of social media and web 2.0 platforms, with demonstrated experience generating engaging content,
- Experience working with the media nationally or regionally
- Experience working on issues related to development, especially in Africa
- Experience in editing documents, reports, publications
- Experience in storytelling, creating content for the web, for brochures and other communication materials
- Organizational and planning skills, and exceptionally detail oriented.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple competing priorities.
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills; proven ability to be flexible in a team-oriented environment with diverse groups of people.
- Some experience with computerized database management software
- Fluency in English and French is required.
- Working Knowledge of another UN official working language is an asset.
At UN Women, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment of mutual respect. UN Women recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, ability, national origin, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, competence, integrity and organizational need.
If you need any reasonable accommodation to support your participation in the recruitment and selection process, please include this information in your application.
UN Women has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UN Women, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to UN Women’s policies and procedures and the standards of conduct expected of UN Women personnel and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. (Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.)
Closing date : 23 April 2022.Postuler