UN Women is hiring a Project Analyst
Duties and Responsibilities
– Provide analytical support to Country Offices in the West and Central Africa Region in conducting preparative measures for the “BuyfromWomen” platform deployment (logistics and hardware)
– Advise country offices in selecting assessment scope based on BfW features to be included on platform (options: weather data, real time information on commodity prices, land mapping and GPS location, stock management, etc.)
– Ensure country office counterparts have procured the necessary ICT equipment for the deployment of the platform (in terms of hardware: PCs, mobile phones, hard drives, etc.)
– Provide review and guidance support for the conduction of different assessments related to the deployment preparation (including power/charging solution, estimation of cost of use, internet connectivity and speed on the pilot site, etc.)
– Lead negotiations with potential partners, such as telephone companies on 1) mobile money package 2) mobile data package
– Review the roadmaps and action plans prepared by country offices for the BuyfromWomen deployment at national level
– Provide guidance to ensure the effective functioning of the different stages of the BfW platform (platform design, deployment and roll out)
– Provide orientations for country offices to develop, configure and customize BFW platform and identified country solutions as per the business requirements
– Provide technical backstopping to national counterparts when preparing user guides and materials and performing User
– Acceptance Testing
– Lead the integration of training material on financial and digital literacy as well as climate smart practices on the platform
– Provide technical backstopping to national counterparts for system testing, quality assurance and system training for project partners
– Conduct an inventory of existing platforms with complementary purposes in the region and support COs in designing strategies to link up to those
– Provide technical assistance to COs in identifying and designing strategies to ensure sustainability of BfW platform in the medium and long term, including exit strategies to hand over management of the platform to other stakeholders.
– Coordinate the development of new features for the BFW Platform
– Prepare and implement the work plan for the delivery of new pilots in three countries
– Organize at least one market dialogue to better compare existing solutions and identify potential partners
– Identify specific risks and barriers faced by women to be integrated in the design of the new digital solutions
– Develop new features on Disaster Risk Reduction and digital finance tools
– Identify capacity building needs and support countries through technical assistance, mentoring, training and capacity development initiatives as needed
– Coordinate monitoring and draft reports to HQ and the donor, including monitoring of the implementation of activities and the expenditure of funds
– Respect for Diversity
– Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
– Creative Problem Solving
– Inclusive Collaboration
– Stakeholder Engagement
– Leading by Example
– Functional competencies
– Good programme formulation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation skills
– Good knowledge of Results Based Management
– Ability to gather and interpret data, reach logical conclusions and present findings and recommendations
– Knowledge of information technology platforms for business intelligence and web applications;
– Able to identify and analyze clients’ needs and help develop appropriate technology solutions to meet business requirements; ability to organize, improve processes and to provide necessary support to partners.
Required Skills and Experience
– Master’s degree or equivalent in public administration, management, science, information technology, social sciences or other related areas is required.
– A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
– At least 2 years of progressively responsible experience at the national or international level in managing complex and multi-component programme interventions with national partners, preferably related to women economic empowerment and climate resilience.
– Experience working with the private sector, government or development programmes in designing and delivering innovative ICT solutions is an asset.
– Fluency in English and French is required.
– Knowledge of the other UN official working language is an asset.