Deadline: May 13, 2016
University of Bradford is offering Global Development scholarships for Masters degree studies. These scholarships are designed to aid students in financial hardship due to the fact that they are from a country that is in crisis as a result of the political situation, war, natural disaster etc.
You no longer need to have secured an offer to study at Bradford before you apply for this scholarship. However you must already have completed your undergraduate degree and know your results to be able to apply.
Eligibility/ Minimum Requirement
You do not need to meet the minimum English requirements to be able to apply for the scholarship. You can take an IELTS or other English test if you are awarded the scholarship.
- Eligible countries: Afghanistan, Angola, Bangladesh, Burundi, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Colombia, Congo, Congo, Democratic Republic of the, Ivory Coast, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Georgia, Guinea, Haiti, Honduras, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Kenya, Korea, Democratic People’s Republic of, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Maldives, Mauritania, Mozambique, Myanmar, Nepal, Niger, Nigeria, Occupied Palestinian Territory, Pakistan (students from Pakistan will be considered for one of five Bestway Foundation Scholarships) , Russia, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Swaziland, Syrian Arab Republic, Tanzania, United Republic of, Timor-Leste, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe
- All applicants must meet the minimum academic entry requirements for your chosen course to be able to apply for the scholarship.
- MBA programmes are not eligible for this scholarship.
- Students from Pakistan will be considered under the Bestway Foundation Scholarship Scheme. There will be five Bestway Foundation Scholarships for students from Pakistan, there will be a further two scholarships available for students from the other countries listed above
Full tuition fees and accommodation in The Green will be covered plus £4,200 per annum living costs to be paid in three instalments – October, January and April. Each scholarship is worth approximately £25,000.
How to Apply
Complete the form [pdf |docx] If you have already received an offer to study at the University of Bradford please make sure you include your University of Bradford number on the form below. Learn more about University of Bradford Postgraduate courses here: http://www.bradford.ac.uk/postgraduate/
In your application:
- You must explain how the situation in your country has affected you personally. Don’t just describe the situation in your country.
- Please write as full and detailed a statement as possible. Remember that the Scholarship panel will only have your form to by which to judge your application so try to put as much relevant information in there as possible. We may request evidence from you at a later date if your application is short listed.
- Don’t focus on your academic qualifications unless it is relevant to your application.
For inquiries please e-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, visit University of Bradford