UK: Reduce, Reuse, Recycling Fund
If you’re a not-for-profit organisation in Nottinghamshire (excluding the city of Nottingham) with an idea to help others think differently about waste, you can apply for a grant of up to £1000.
The Reduce, Reuse, Recycling Fund offers funding to groups, schools and charities who are committed to helping Nottinghamshire to Reduce, Reuse and Recycle.
If you have an idea or are already running a project that helps to inspire others to be thoughtful about waste, the grant could help you get equipment or resources.
The Reduce, Reuse, Recycling Fund offers funding Plastic bottle greenhouse to groups, schools and charities who are committed to helping Nottinghamshire to Reduce, Reuse and Recycle. If you have an idea or are already running a project that helps to inspire others to be thoughtful about waste, the grant could help you get equipment or resources.
- Grants of up to £1,000 are available per group, per year. Funding is at the discretion of Veolia and Nottinghamshire County Council. The amount granted may not be for all elements requested and will be paid directly to your organisation by cheque or BACS.
What sort of project will be considered?
- Funding can be granted for a variety of projects and activities including workshops, practical equipment, education and awareness raising.
- Funding can be sought by projects that encourage people to think about their waste as a resource. This can be anything from swap shop events to repair workshops, community gardens which make use of reused, reclaimed, or recycled materials, to food growing, food waste reduction initiatives and composting schemes. It could be campaigns to promote and increase recycling and reduce contamination at home, school or local events, or creative and innovative ideas which encourage people to recycle – from arts projects to recycling bins. The payment of volunteer’s expenses, staffing costs or travel/transport are not permitted under the fund.
- Properly constituted, not-for-profit local organisations which includes charities, voluntary and community groups, forums, clubs, societies and schools. Your team, group or society must be based and work within the seven boroughs and districts in the County of Nottinghamshire (excluding the City).
- Funding is at the discretion of Veolia Nottinghamshire and Nottinghamshire County Council. The amount granted will be paid directly to your organisation by BACS. Please note funding cannot be paid to individuals.
Terms and Conditions
- The following terms and conditions apply to all funding grants. They must be accepted before a funding request can be considered:
- The application form must be fully completed and all applications must be supported by detailed quotes for any planned work, material purchases and/or detailed breakdowns of other planned expenditure. Without this information applications cannot be considered.
- Funding cannot be awarded for wages or expenses to staff or organisers who may be involved either directly or indirectly with the project, nor for travel or transport.
- A panel will review completed applications once a year. Please check the website for the next submission deadline.
- Acknowledgment of Veolia and Nottinghamshire County Council and the grant must be made on all promotional material associated with the project. They will provide publicity information for this purpose. Sign-off for use of logos must be sought before distribution.
- A member of staff from Veolia and/or Nottinghamshire County Council must be allowed to visit the project or see project activities as reasonably requested.
- Projects must be located within the county of Nottinghamshire areas (Ashfield, Bassetlaw, Broxtowe, Gedling, Mansfield, Newark & Sherwood or Rushcliffe) excluding the City.
- Projects must request no more than £1,000 funding.
- To receive funding, groups must be properly constituted and not-for-profit.
- Please ensure that ALL quotes for items requested are uploaded with your application. Applications without quotes will not be considered. A funding evidence form will need to be submitted with proof the grant has been used for the items requested once your funding has been spent.
- Photographs and a completed publicity Information form will be required for granted projects. Veolia may use this information to promote projects which have received funding, as well as the fund itself.
- Funding is at the discretion of Veolia and Nottinghamshire County Council.
- The amount granted may not be for all elements requested and will be paid directly to your organisation by cheque or BACS (payment cannot be made to personal accounts).
For more information, visit Reduce, Reuse, Recycling Fund.