U.S. Mission to Turkmenistan announces Small Grants Program
Deadline: 30 May 2019
The U.S. Embassy Ashgabat Public Affairs Section (PAS) of the U.S. Department of State is pleased to announce funding is available through the Embassy’s Small Grants program.
- Economic empowerment and entrepreneurship, particularly for women, youth, and vulnerable populations to advance economic independence and sustainable development. (commercial activity or specific businesses/startups will not be considered);
- Promoting rule of law and legal reform;
- Assisting people with disabilities;
- Promoting environmental awareness by creating citizen understanding of sustainable management of ecosystems and natural resources.
- Promotion of a robust civil society that advances the civil rights of all population segments;
- Strengthening social partnership and dialogue among government and civil society organizations;
- Inter-faith and inter-ethnic dialogue; religious freedom (religious activities which advance or inhibit one religion over another, or one interpretation of a religion over another, will not be considered);
- Combating human trafficking.
- Anticipated period of performance: 6-12 months
- Floor of Individual Award Amounts: $3,000
- Ceiling of Individual Award Amounts: $20,000
- The Public Affairs Section administers the Democracy Commission Small Grants Program. This program supports the development of Turkmenistan’s democratic institutions and civil society by competitively awarding small grants to Turkmenistan non-profit, non-governmental organizations (NGOs) and associations, and to non-profit civil society organizations (CSOs).
- State bodies are encouraged to work with NGOs to submit applications. American or other donor country organizations or individuals are not eligible for grants under this program.
- Current Democracy Commission grant recipients may not apply for funding; open grants must be closed before new applications can be considered.
- Previous grant experience should be documented in the organization’s proposal. A copy of the organization’s registration should be provided with the proposal application. Organizations should submit a copy of their certificate of registration from the appropriate government organization.
- Cost Sharing or Matching
- Inclusion of cost share is not a requirement of this opportunity.
How to Apply
Submit all application materials via email at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=315555