Deadline: 1 March 2020
The Public Affairs Section of the U.S. Embassy South Africa of the U.S. Department of State announces an open competition for alumni of U.S. government-funded and U.S. government sponsored exchange programs to submit applications to the 2020 Alumni Engagement Innovation Fund (AEIF 2020).
(Ad) Are You Searching for Latest Grants, New Donors, Sample Proposals, Jobs and How to Apply Resources? fundsforNGOs Premium has all these and more at one place! Learn more.
AEIF provides alumni of U.S. government sponsored and facilitated exchange programs with funding to expand on skills gained during their exchange experience to design and implement innovative solutions to global challenges facing their communities. Since its inception in 2011, AEIF has funded nearly 500 alumni-led projects around the world through a competitive global competition.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The U.S. Embassy in Pretoria will accept public service projects proposed and managed by teams of at least two (2) alumni that:
- Strengthen the role of women in peace, security, and governance;
- Engage women as partners in preventing terrorism and countering radicalization and recruitment
- Promote protection of women and girls from violence, abuse, and exploitation; or
- Support women’s political and civic participation
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Estimated Total Program Funding: $25,000
- Award Ceiling: $25,000
- Award Floor: $5,000
- Length of performance period: 6 to 24 months
- Number of awards anticipated: One to three awards
- The intended audience is women, corporations, the NGO sector, alumni of U.S. government sponsored and facilitated exchange programs, and the general public.
- Proposals submitted must address women in peace, security, activism, and governance. Proposals that do not address the theme as outlined in the program objectives will be deemed ineligible.
- All project activities must take place in South Africa.
- Alumni who are U.S. citizens may not submit proposals, but U.S. citizen alumni may participate as team members in a project.
- Alumni teams may be comprised of alumni from different exchange programs and different countries.
- Applications must be submitted by exchange alumni. Not-for-profit, non-governmental organizations, think tanks, and academic institutions are not eligible to apply in the name of the organization but can serve as partners for implementing project activities.
- Applications that include participation, support, linkages to, or expansion of the existing alumni association in South Africa are preferred.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called « Deadline Calendar. » This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Interested applicants can apply via given website.
For more information, visit https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=323928