U.S Mission to Armenia: Democracy Commission Small Grants Program Competition
Deadline: 1 August 2018
The U.S. Embassy, Yerevan of the U.S. Department of State is seeking proposals for its ‘Democracy Commission Small Grants Program Competition’ that aim to develop democracy, promote respect for human rights, and support civic education in Armenia.
All projects should explain how the proposed activities impact Armenia’s democratic development and further the long-term goals of the organization. Project proposals should describe specific objectives and expected outcomes. Proposals focused primarily on training or capacity building will not be considered unless the training will lead to concrete, measurable outcomes. Collaborative projects between partnering NGOs are strongly encouraged.
Special consideration will be given to proposals that focus on one or more of the following:
- Support transparency and accountability in governance and fight against corruption;
- Inform and engage the public on the elections process to improve voter awareness and promote transparent, free, and fair elections;
- Develop independent, diverse, and pluralistic media in Armenia, including investigative journalism.
- Estimated Total Program Funding: $300,000
- Award Ceiling: $50,000
- Award Floor: $5,000
- Armenian not-for-profit organizations, including think tanks and civil society/nongovernmental organizations;
- Independent media outlets registered in Armenia.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply online via given website.
Eligible Country: Armenia
For further information, please visit Grants.gov