U.S. Embassy in Sudan: 2019 Fulbright Foreign Student Program
Deadline: 1 June 2018
The United States Embassy in Khartoum, Sudan is accepting applications for the 2019 Fulbright Foreign Student Program.
This program will award grants to Sudanese graduates or near graduates to pursue an advanced degree, non-degree, or research program in the United States.
The Sudan Fulbright Program is designed primarily to strengthen ties between US and Sudanese scholars. Although core exchanges are with universities, candidates who are affiliated with other educational, cultural, or professional institutions may apply.
The Fulbright Foreign Student Program provides:
- Round-trip economy international travel and excess-baggage allowance, an allowance for settling in, a pre-academic orientation program, a monthly maintenance allowance and funding for books, tuition and university fees, limited accident and sickness insurance, and academic training.
Successful applicants for the Sudan Fulbright Program must meet all of the following criteria:
- Must be citizens or nationals of Sudan, or permanent residents holding a valid Sudanese passport.
- Have at least the equivalent of a 4 year U.S. bachelor’s degree.
- Be fluent in English
- Have outstanding academic records, references and preparation in their chosen field,
- Have high motivation and a serious commitment to completing the program within a specific time-frame and returning home immediately after the approved program.
- Applications must detail the applicant’s specific area of intended academic emphasis within the broader discipline.
- Cannot have received more than one Fulbright Student Program grant. This applies to Humphrey Scholar alumni.
- Local employees of U.S. missions abroad employed by the State Department are ineligible for grants during the period of their employment and for one year after the end of employment.
How to Apply
All applications must be submitted using the on-line application forms via given website.
Eligible Country: Sudan