U.S. Embassy in Sierra Leone: Annual Program Statement 2019
Deadline: 31 January 2019
The U.S.Embassy in Sierra Leone Public Affairs Section (PAS) of the U.S. Department of State has announced that funding is available through its Public Diplomacy Small Grants Program.
PAS Freetown invites proposals for programs that strengthen cultural ties between the U.S. and Sierra Leone through cultural and exchange programming that highlights shared values and promotes bilateralcooperation. All programs must include an American cultural element, or connection with American expert/s,organization/s, or institution/s in a specific field that will promote increased understanding of U.S. policy and perspectives.
Priority Program Areas
- Advance Peace
- Promote Sustainable Economic Growth, including anti-corruption activities
- Strengthen Democracy, Human Rights, Access to Justice, and MediaFreedom
- Promote Inclusive, Country-Led Development
- Agriculture and Nutrition
- Infrastructure and Resilience
Participants and Audiences
- Expertise and established relationships with indigenous non-governmental organizations(NGOs) and/or local officials in the communities in which the programs will be conducted will be considered favorably.
- All programs must include an American cultural element and/or should increase mutual understanding between the United States and Sierra Leone.
- Award amounts: awards generally do not exceed $25,000
- Program Performance Period: Proposed programs should be completed in 12 months or less.
- The Public Affairs Section encourages applications from the United States and Sierra Leone:
- Registered not-for-profit organizations, including think tanks and civil society/non-governmental organizations with programming experience
- Non-profit or governmental educational institutions
- For-profit or commercial entities are not eligible to apply.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit a complete proposal with concise budget that should tie in with the scope of work as indicated on the proposal. Completed applications should be submitted at the address given on the website.
For moreinformation, please visit https://sl.usembassy.gov/education-culture/grant-opportunities/public-diplomacy-grants/annual-program-statement/