U.S. Embassy in Paraguay: Accepting Applications for Public Diplomacy Grants
Deadline: 1 June 2019
The Embassy of the United States of America in Paraguay’s Public Diplomacy (PD) section has announced an open competition for assistance awards through this Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO).
PD invites eligible organizations and individuals to submit proposals to support activities directly linked to one or more of the following priority areas:
- Preparing under-served youth to succeed within the global economy through educational exchange, English language programs, entrepreneurship, or STEM related activities.
- Using civil society to improve transparency and accountability in government.
- Promotion of human rights through inclusion and empowerment and antibullying.
- Award Period: Up to 27 months
- Award Amount: A maximum amount per award of $20,000 is available under this program. Similar awards in the past have typically ranged from $7,000 – $15,000.
- Cost Sharing or Matching: This program does not require cost sharing but any cost sharing will be looked upon favorably.
- All awards will be made before September 30, 2019 using Grants or Fixed Amount Awards (simplified grants) and are subject to the availability of funds.
Activities that are typically funded under this notice include, but are not limited to:
- Academic and professional lectures; public seminars and programs clearly linked to one or more of the three funding priorities of this notice.
- Professional development workshops and training for youth and underserved communities clearly linked to one or more of the three funding priorities of this notice.
- Professional and academic exchanges that are clearly linked to one or more of the three funding priorities of this notice.
- Artistic and cultural workshops, joint performances and exhibitions clearly linked to one or more of the three funding priorities of this notice.
- Eligibility is limited to not-for-profit organizations subject to 26 U.S.C. 501 (c) (3) of the U.S. tax code or to similar statutes in the Republic of Paraguay such as Civil society organizations, local representatives of civil society, think tanks, non-governmental organizations, and academic institutions located in Paraguay; U.S. not-for-profit with a partner in Paraguay.
- Direct funding for non-U.S. institutions and individuals is available under this announcement.
- The Public Diplomacy section encourages organizations that have not previously received U.S. Federal Award program funding to apply under this announcement.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit grants proposals electronically to the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit https://bit.ly/2SISUU6